Hello EngineDJ Team,
I recently ran into an issue where I had to re-import a set of tunes that were accidentally moved. DenonDJ did not understand that the tunes were identical to the one it knew about in the wrong location. I had to re-queue, set BPM all over again for the set of tunes. It was a pain.
There’s gotta be a better way. I technically know how this can be solved using hash codes (SHA1) as a digital fingerprint of the tune but am wondering if there’s any traction or any movement in this regard.
Steps to Reproduce
- Clean engine dj, import a couple tracks over to the collection
- Set some break points and cue, bpm and stuff like that
- Rename the folder
- Re-analyze the collection
- The tracks should now show empty titles and are now orphaned)
- Re-import the tunes
- The tracks are now duplicated and the meta data does not transfer over
I use AIFF, on a mac system, using an external hard drive to EXFat. Oh how I wish you guys would implement reading/writing to mac’s extended filesystem, so much better for integration and working with the mac ecosphere. Everytime the power goes out and I accidentally kept my external drive plugged in, hours of Mac trying to use “disk doctor” to get back in line again. Another pain point.