Do you have a support ticket raised? This is the exact type of thing I think they would benefit from someone providing examples of exact characters you think are causing the issue etc.
They are pretty good at taking these requests and issues on board.
Yes, I reported the problem to them, they asked for details, I described what they requested, and I’m waiting to see how the situation develops.
But the problem most likely is that the software has problems with diacritical marks in languages other than English. I suspect that, just like with Polish, the same problem exists with other languages—German, Spanish, etc.
It might be a case of using a program like “Tag & rename” or a modern equivalent of that software to replace all the accented characters with their non-accented counterparts
It would also be worth trying another layer to your testing to see if it’s the tags, or the actual filenames and/or folder names which can’t have accented character content.
I’ve already figured out the library. I replaced the characters with a PowerShell script, then mp3tag. Without the Polish characters ą, ę, ź, ż, it works without any noticeable performance drops.
Ja mam dokładnie tak samo. 2- 3 godziny i spowalnia. W wersji softu powyżej 4.3.0 dochodzi do tego że konsola robi samoczynny restart. Zrobiłem nawet test w którym stworzyłem nową bibliotekę przy pomocy innego komputera MacBook ,ze świeżą instalacją systemu i świeżą instalacją Engine Dj, składającą się z mniejszej ilości Playlist i utworów ( 10 playlist i jakieś 3 tysiące utworów ) i dzieje się dokładnie to samo. Nie było żadnych punktów cue , i innych znaczników tylko Steams. Sprawdzałem na dyskach samsung Evo i QVO oraz na przenośnym dysku Samsung T7
One possible cause that was not discussed here (but could be the reason for slowdowns) is the need to replace the thermal paste on the CPU if the unit is over 2 yr old:
I will give it a look. I already theorized about memory (management) issues combined with the limited bandwidth, leading to RAM clogging/swapping over time and hence slowdowns or UI lags - but I admit that my Prime 4 gets pretty warm (almost hot) after some hours of use on a pretty much large area, affecting far more than just the direct ventilation vent area. If I am honest, I just can’t remember if this was always the case. Stability was not an issue yet, though. Audio output always remained fine.
The original poster took back this idea and any heat related cause as turning the unit off for 5 seconds then back on again, the prime 4 stays at full speed performance for another 3 or 4 hours … but of course, 5 seconds of power off won’t do anything to cool the unit down -so it’s more of a buffer or cache which builds up, and not heat
Don’t worry - the op plastered the same query in several places and hasn’t bothered to record the triumphs from each place into the other places - hence, several knowledgable groups each working blind
This seems very suspect to me. Unless the poster can do benchmarks, i can’t see this being a good solution. A nice to have, sure. Necessary, probably not.
I actually have the code, so I do intend to run my Prime Go+ for an extended period with the overlay to see what’s happening. See if I remember tomorrow.
Sorry - I come from Poland too thats why I wrote next words in polish
Nie wiem czy wiesz ale te Denony działają na bazie najtanszego SoC z chinskich tabletów (Rockchip z 2014 roku) i…mają niewielką ilość pamięci RAM - 2GB Tak więc chyba wiele się wyjasniło To cud, że władowali tam taką funkcjonalność