Prime4+ and Engine 3.1.1 but without stems

Hello to all. I have a problem which is probably silly but I can’t seem to solve it: I bought the Prime4+ a week ago. When I turned it on the first time I updated Engine to version 3.1.1. Everything is fine but I can’t see anywhere how to activate the stems because in the control center I don’t have the activation icon. Please, can you give me a hand? Thank you very much in advance. Greetings! Pablo

Stems isn’t in the current prime 4 plus firmware already. However the Prime 4 plus will be the first model which will be getting beta firmware with stems.

The beta testing program for the first of the stems firmware is mentioned here

Continuing the discussion from Prime4+ and Engine 3.1.1 but without stems:

It’s a shame that some of these self-appointed vloggers and (cough cough) “influencers” just kinda skip over the informative details when such factors might de-sensationalize their “breaking news”

Some of their video ditties only serve to influence people to click the little “X” in the corner of the video window.

1 Like

Thanks Pasha! Denon’s technical team just got back to me with the same answer. I had no idea about this but all the youtube videos I’ve seen of the Prime4+ had stems and I assumed it would be included in the update. Cheers! Pablo

1 Like

Pablo, según ha afirmado alguien en este foro, los stems no los vas a ver en la Prime 4+ hasta 2024.

O sea, lo mismo los ves en el verano del año que viene que lo mismo ya es para navidades del año que viene. Siempre según ha afirmado alguien en este foro, el cual no ha dicho en que momento del 2024 estarían disponibles.

Por cierto, los vídeos que ves son de gente que Denon les regala la controladora para que la publiciten en YouTube con reviews o vídeos mostrando sesiones. Por supuesto, también tienen acceso gratuito a la beta privada, la cual, parece ser que muestra los stems en uno de los decks (el deck 1).

Me parece curioso que los stems se activen solo en un deck y en el resto no. Es que no puede mover varios procesos de stem en más de un deck?. Ahí lo dejo.

1 Like

Hola Antonio. Gracias! La verdad es que, como lo han anunciado a bombo y platillo y practicamente es la única novedad respecto a lo que ya ofrece la anterior prime4, pensé que se incluía en la última actualización. Realmente me sorprendió cuando lo ví, porque para trabajar con stems “on fly” se necesita tela de memoria y procesador y que lo hiciera un equipo stand alone era todo una proeza… pero si es como dices, o están en una beta muy “verde” o va a ser algo muy limitado… De todos modos ya lo tengo “apañao”. Con el virtualdj instalado en un NUC con windows, controlo absolutamente todo desde la pantalla de la prime4 y además le he hecho un atajo para trabajar con los stems igual que la rane4 con serato (instrumentos en un canal y vocal en otro). Así da mucho más juego porque se pueden aplicar todos los efectos y scratch independientemente sobre la acapella o sobre los instrumentos. En fin, iremos viendo como termina esto. Un saludo Pablo

Tu lo has dicho, lo anunciaron a bombo y platillo para vender la Prime 4+ y resultó ser que lo que querían era subir el precio (demasiado alto para lo poquísimo que añade) a cambio de liberar del SOC el BlueTooth y decir que esta controladora traerá Stems (sin botones dedicados) para este verano.

Pero ojo, salvo que no hayan liberado aún todo su hardware (chip dedicado exclusivamente a la computación de los Stems), la potencia hardware que tiene la Prime 4+, es tan corta o justa como la que tenía la Prime 4. Por lo que los Stems no serán a nivel Hardware y sí a nivel Software.

O dicho de otra forma, los Stems que darán será nivel 1.0 de Virtual DJ y los podrán ejecutar controladoras como la Prime 4 sin necesidad de tener una Prime 4+.

Evidentemente, al principio, no los verás en una Prime 4 porque lo que venden es la Prime 4+.

También es verdad que la Prime 4+ no es una Prime 5. No puedes esperar grandes cambios en la controladora y sí un plus en todo. Supuestamente, también en su hardware (CPU, GPU, RAM… etc).

Pero no sé, yo veo que de igual manera que la Prime 4, le cuesta analizar las pistas cuando son cargadas por primera vez; o incluso que tiene lags cuando va pasando el espectro de la onda musical.

Eso me hace pensar que esta controladora tiene un hardware de baja potencia.

Y vaya por delante que a mí la controladora me gusta. Pero eso de los Stems, que los tengan en una beta privada y solo aplicable a un solo Deck o Canal (no a los 4), no me gusta nada. Al igual que, por ejemplo, la iluminación de algunos botones como los “Sweep FX”. ¿Tu notas mucha diferencia en la iluminación cuando están activados/desactivados?.

Saludos.

============ ENGLISH ============

You have said it, they announced it with hype and cymbal to sell the Prime 4+ and it turned out that what they wanted was to raise the price (too high for the very little it adds) in exchange for releasing BlueTooth from the SOC and saying that this controller will bring Stems (without dedicated buttons) for this summer.

But be careful, unless they have not yet released all their hardware (a chip dedicated exclusively to computing the Stems), the hardware power that the Prime 4+ has is as short or just as that of the Prime 4. So the Stems will not be at the Hardware level but at the Software level.

Or in other words, the Stems that they will give will be Virtual DJ level 1.0 and they can be run by controllers like Prime 4 without having to have a Prime 4+.

Obviously, at first, you will not see them on a Prime 4 because what they sell is the Prime 4+.

It is also true that the Prime 4+ is not a Prime 5. You cannot expect big changes in the controller and a plus in everything. Supposedly, also in your hardware (CPU, GPU, RAM… etc).

But I don’t know, I see that in the same way as the Prime 4, it is difficult for it to analyze the tracks when they are loaded for the first time; or even that it has lags when the spectrum of the musical wave passes.

That makes me think that this controller has underpowered hardware.

And go ahead, I like the controller. But that thing about the Stems, that they have them in a private beta and only applicable to a single Deck or Channel (not all 4), I don’t like anything. Like, for example, the illumination of some buttons such as the “Sweep FX”. Do you notice much difference in lighting when they are activated/deactivated?

Greetings.

It is not in private beta. It will be in public beta this summer or just after summer for every Prime4+ owner. Stems might become available for other devices after that, but probably not be for all EngineOS driven devices.

What you have seen in every YouTube video out there is an early test alpha development firmware of stems activated on one deck. All reviewers stated what I have typed here, so it isn’t even new info.

3 Likes

I don’t own, or have any particular interest in owning a Prime 4+ Reese, and was aware of all this… its nuts that people are dropping 2 grand on a device and not doing some research first.

6 Likes

It seems that some misinformed people (and maybe it’s a case of “lost in translation”) are getting worked up over situations which they think exist, which do not actually exist.

Stems firmware will be available. Chat regarding stems on current prime models has been discussing stems from firmware, not some new mythical hardware that’s only in certain newer primes - that’s my understanding of it all anyway.

1 Like

Looks like the public Beta is here, i hope all these Prime 4+ users are throwing their hats in the ring to help with the testing.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.