Prime Transfer To New PC

While creating this topic, a “Your Topic is Similar to…” window here in the forum. I looked at all those posts on what I thought would give me a solution. BUT NO! Thus this post. So I apologize for redundancy.

My Engine Prime is installed on laptop ‘A’. It took me for #$%king ever to get it setup with playlist…bpms…badda bing badda bang. Working beautiful. Laptop however not working so beautifully. So I got another laptop. I then thought that transferring Engine Prime from laptop A to laptop B would be a smooth process! Is there a way to do this? After all I have tried it seems as tho there is not! It absolutely ‘nurses’ (cause the word I wanted to use was dash lined out) that Denon has not provided a method to do this. I appreciate any input on this.

Thanks

Hi! :purple_heart:

do you mean the Engine DJ software where you have your library and collection that you can sync to you Prime player or controller? There is an article here that explains how to move the library to another computer:

It involves an external drive or hard disk, which is generally really useful to have as a backup. I hope that this helps you! :blush:

Hey Parysatis, I appreciate your help. I’ll give a look and hope it works. I’m so frustraded I couldn’t find a way to do it!

THANKS

I saw this article. Correct me if I’m wrong, but all this does is copy the music from A to B. I tried that already and it copied all my music there. What I am wanting to do/know is to copy my music from A which has playlists with songs already analyzed and all to B. When I opened Engine Prime the music was transferred but not in the playlists. Looked like I would have to go into B, sit there and create the same playlists and drag the songs into them, like I had done on A. Cause the article is referring to only moving the library ???

I just moved my library (including playlists, cue points etc.) from one MacBook to another - went flawless!

Search for the “Engine Library” folder on your computer (has a folder in it called “Database 2”, and various .db files). Copy that entire folder and overwrite the corresponding folder on your new computer.

On a Mac it’s in the default Music folder - I would assume it’s something similar on PC :blush:

1 Like

After reading this, I took a look at that article too. It’s not just for copying music.

The article clearly instructs you to open Engine DJ and use Sync Manager to export playlists.

Copying just music could be done without Engine DJ or Sync Manager.

As Kris says, the library folder is the important thing to copy. That’s the database.

Thank you Kris! At this point I will try anything suggested since morning I’ve done this far has worked.

1 Like

Hope this is of any help for you:

Where is my Engine Library located?

• Windows: C:\Users[Your Username]\Music\Engine Library.

Kris! That was it. I was able to transfer the library. Thanks for the info, I truly appreciate it! Just wish Denon would have provided a more straightforward process for getting something like that done, rather than what I feel are B$ features. The last update introduced stuff that changed the look of what I was used to on my SC6ks. That “Match” feature is absolutely useless to me. But I guess it was something that was asked for. If you’re a “REAL” d.j., have an ear for music, know HOW to count music beats in order to get seamless mixes, there is no reason to have a feature like that. But then again, the WANNABE d.j.s out will benefit from a feature such as that. Wish I could/knew how to revert to previous firmware version.

Anyway…sorry for ranting…just my two cents worth.

1 Like

Moin @JAMMINJohnny,

Your ears are your best tool :innocent:

imo very simple:

• Start the update procedure via blue USB-Cable (Connect your gear with the pc and look for the update point in your settings on the gear)
  • On your PC in a filer like “download” or something like that, there should be the *.exe file with the version you are looking for.
  • Doubleklick it and the rest will working on it’S own.

No guarantee / eoe.

Good luck and brgds BeatMaster

Glad you got the library to work :blush:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.