PRIME GO work with Serato DJ Pro?

+1 to add midi controller support to the Prime Go. Some people ask why. I agree with the other commenter about FLEXIBILITY. Even if most gigs I’m able to use Prime Go without laptop I have some events/gigs that I use video animations and VJ on that would be nice to be able to use Rekordbox or Djay Pro so I can VJ without having to have another controller. If Denon added midi controller function I’d buy a Go or a few in a heartbeat. I also run a multiple op mobile DJ business and my different DJ’s like different software or workflows and having more flexibility in such a mobile battery kit would be awesome. I sometimes do events in remote areas of nature and it’s a dream to some day show up with a Prime Go, a few battery powered JBL Eon One speakers, led lights, laser fx, etc. I also have battery powered pico projectors so if Prime Go had midi controller function I could add an iPad running djay pro and VJ in a remote area without heavy generators or huge battery banks. What a media show in a remote forest without power!

4 Likes

to be honest prime go would be my choice for a controller if it could be connected to my Ipad. My dream would be a Controller the Size of prime go and that build quality working with an ipad and the ITunes mediathek on the Ipad. I would order it the next hour if prime go would work with Algoriddims djay pro :joy:

2 Likes

I own a Denon Go. I too wish it could hook up to my iPad or serato or virtual DJ. It would just add so much more flexibility to my setup and enable me to use it much more.

3 Likes

I think you have hit the Nail on the Head as they say, It’s flexibility !!! Any support for using the Prime go with a Laptop regardless of which software it would use would be a God Send. Still dragging along a Pioneer wego for those times its needed… We have two :Prime Gos , it would be nice to see the link function work between these devices, to read the USB and sd card slots on the other device… its a great unit but could be Awesome…

2 Likes

My issue is that I really want to buy a Denon Prime 2 (or Go) for my home, just4fun, open-air, bars and club settings, something where its portability is simply amazing…

YET

…I also need a proper laptop solution for complex mobile scenarios, as it is just painful to tackle a 8hr wedding featuring countless genres and music requests with just a 7" touchscreen.

With Serato DJ support, the Prime 2 & Go would have the flexibility to cover both disciplines. You only have to buy one unit for both, rather than keeping an extra controller. Also, Engine OS is very ‘Serato-friendly’ when it comes to importing metadata, so managing both databases is rather straightforward. I don’t need fancy-moving waveforms on the integrated screen, it’s about the matter to have plug n’ play access to my MacBook with a spacious 15" screen and illuminated keyboard. Since NI/Trakor is very restricted, Rekordbox only for Pioneer, and VDJ too questionable (300$, ugly GUI, inferior key detection, no Engine migration support), the only sensible and popular option remaining is Serato DJ. And the Prime 4 shows it can be done.

I have just opened a new Request thread which covers both the Prime 2 and Go. Vote!

6 Likes