Prime GO, engine 2.3.0 bugs

1. device starts up with filters (effect A) enabled on both channels

2. pitch bend buttons behave inversely as labeled (no-shift = range change, shift=pitch bend)

3. beat jump size is stuck at 4 beats, there is no way to change beat jump size according the statement in the changelog as the shift+encoder turn actually jumps the beats

1 Like

This might be because in User Profile → Playback the Pitch Control Type is set to Range instead of Pitch Bend

1 Like

yes, considering 2nd one as my misconfiguration. did not noticed it before, because i use plate edges for pitch bend

thx!

I don’t have the Go on me now but I think it should change beat jump size along with the loop size. So changing it without holding Shift should change the beatjump size.

no, in 2.3.0 they de-synced loop and beat jump size :

• Beat Jump size and Auto Loop size can now be adjusted independently. To adjust the Beat Jump size, hold Shift and press the Beat Jump back or forward button to decrease or increase the size respectively.

Prime GO has no Beat jump buttons. Only possible way to change beat jump size is through its default value in settings.

2 Likes

Then the beat jump is pre determined in User Profile → Cue/Loops → Default Beat Jump SIze setting and will be set on track load.

@MikeC @JWiLL User Guide states "You can adjust the beat jump length by pressing and holding Shift and pressing either Beat Jump button (PRIME 4 and PRIME 2), or by turning the Auto Loop knob (PRIME GO). " on page 37

Default Beat Jump Size parameter is the only way how to change its size in Prime GO running 2.3.0

Turning the Autoloop encoder changes just Autoloop size in 2.3.0. Beat jump size remains default as it was de-synced from loop size value.

They even included both (now possibly different) parameters onto screen.

Yes I see… That’s why I tagged crew, since the user guide (or workflow) needs to be updated

1 Like

Thanks for raising, I’ll make a note to have this updated

1 Like

I am on 2.2.2 but as I understand it on 2.3.0 you can only change beat jump size in the settings? Why would you deliberately remove this? I would like to understand the reason to remove such a basic feature. It’s absolutely vital to be able to change it quickly. Please consider switching it back or enable a solution. Thanks…

Loading of tracks on SC5000 is very slow (Shows Loading) with the digital display lagging behind the music when track is playing. The Deck performance has been comprised by this update. . Could you try and optimize the loading of data from source?

I think filter A being enabled on both channels on boot is intentional, as it’s the most commonly used filter effect and it saves you having to manually activate it yourself when you want to use it. I’ve found it helpful to be on by defalt, at least. Just have to remember to set the filter knob back to 12 o clock when you’re finished :grin:

2 Likes

I dont like the idea of playing through enabled filter all the time even if fully opened. I dont know internal architecture of processing chain and of course it is all digital, but anyway.

Best option would be that it boots in latest state. So active on booth when it was activated on shutdown or inactive on boot when filter was inactive on shutdown

1 Like

Sadly I had to go back to 2.2.2 on my Prime 4. My Prime showed very strange behaviour. When I engaged “fader start left” the FX section of channel 3 became unusable. The fx leds above the level knobs dimmed and fx could not be used while the fader start was active. The same issue with “fader start right” but this one disabled the effect of channel 1.

Back to version 2.2.2 the issue disappeared.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.