Prime Go emits static in R channel with no track playing, internal red light blinks twice rapidly

When the Prime Go is plugged into speakers and all is switched on, there is a constant static that comes out of the right channel. This is on all outputs, Booth, Master XLR and RCA. Multiple cable switches, venue and power source changes confirmed it is a hardware issue. When switched to mono the static is still present but now obviously on all speakers… There is also an internal red light that flashes twice rapidly and repeats indefinitely that can be seen from the left air vent on the side of the Go. I’m assuming this is an error code for the technician to see when opened up. Is this something fixable, or is this a fatal error requiring new hardware?

Only fix I have been able to muster, is turning the volume down on the speakers till the static is close to unnoticeable (20% of the dial) and then cranking the master (80-90%) and gains(75%+) until the volume reaches a level I can play to the audience, but this is obviously not the proper way to operate the equipment.

1 Like

Hi, Mgerth. Do you fix this issue? I have same issue with my Prime GO.

So I’m going to fill you in on a big secret here… Denon Support is TERRIBLE at following up! I have submit tix that have gone 3 months without appropriate replies. #67458 in case any Denon staff reading this want proof that I’m not BSing. So the resolution is to google professional audio servicing in your town and take it in to them, who will probably be able to fix your Go like they did mine, by resoldering connections or replacing internal wires. I was even willing to pay more for a certified Denon repair service, but they didn’t want the money bad enough to give a SUPER loyal customer the time of day as a reply. Guess they figure that if I need it fixed, I’d just buy another one and they’d make more… well, that didn’t happen. Super dissatisfied with the communication from the support team here - Primarily my assigned level 2 tech, Alex Faul.

2 Likes

I get a popping sound at full volume if my master fader is adjusted quickly, but only on the LEFT channel. If the master knob is adjusted slowly, everything is OK. Any suggestions Denon ? (V2.2.2)

Same issue here except mine occurs on both channels with all outputs… Booth plus the master XLR and RCA’s… I put in a ticket in November and got no response for 3 months until I went to the chat to ask about it… Only then to find out that they think its a hardware issue and since I’m out of warranty I’m on my own to fix it… this is my 2nd unit as the 1st unit’s left deck would freeze during playback and the only fix for that was to restart during a set… That one was in warranty so they replaced it but it looks like this is my final time dealing with Denon and their equipment… Really disappointed

Then it’s not the same issue.

Sure, it’s important to get it looked at, and InMusic service is a lot better than it was 6 months ago, but not an identical issue.