Prime compatibility with sc2900

I would like to know if Prime will work with my sc2900 decks, as I like many other people am having problems with previous version of engine ,freezing. especially with windows 10.

Afaik no only the new prime player.

Half compatibile (tested 1.6.1 version) with MCX8000 compatibility settings. (Wave creation ok, HOT CUE, playlist, Crate, etc. not work.)

The waveform data created 6x faster than simple Engine. The database NOT compatibile! 64GB audio database less than 10MB in DENONDJ2 folder. The Prime used another database, 64GB audio database more than 1GB in Engine Library folder! Initial size 50MB.

SC2900 use standard DOS names (8.3) to system data (memo, waveform, playlist, etc.): “DENONDJ2”, “.DDJMEMO”. The Prime used long folder names. “Engine Library”

Tested… player freeze!!!

Tested more mp3 in one folder. Waveform not same but readed! A-B repeat automatic loading, hot cues not created. If playing track and changed another track, player fully freeze, need power off. If stopped track and changed another, 1-2 track change ok, more: freeze.

The Engine mmp filesize: ~30kb (included “PIC JFIF” album cover, and file end “.”)

The Engine Prime mmp filsize: ~10kb (without cover, and file end “SSID”)

“WVCL” waveform display part not same in two files.

Test song mmp file size: Engine: 32734 Prime: 8436

. . .

Engine freezing… SOLVED!

I’m used Windows 7 x64 12GB RAM. Engine randomly freeze 10s-30min. Activated program compatibility. XP SP3 mode: Apple quicktime not working with this settings, analyse not run. Unusable.

Program compatibility settings: Vista SP2: Working, without freezing.

Very slow this Engine: CPU 10-20% used only in analizing. The Prime use external analizing software “OfflineAnalyzer.exe” and started 7x the OfflineAnalyzer.exe in same time with 100% CPU usage.

Started 7x = 6x faster than Engine.

If you need only waveform data (freeze!!!), use Prime with MCX8000 settings (and more warnings) and delete Engine Library folder.

If you need playlist, crate, BPM searchable list, use Engine.