PRIME 4 TO Streamlabs OBS

It’s not native yet, but the mapping and the screen skin are available. People are using it and discussing on the VDJ forum…

You need a VDJ license of course.

I’m using XLR to 3.5 and I get humming\static sound in OBS. I purchased another cable and same thing. I also tried it on master and zone out. no issues with either out to speakers. W11 all drivers and firmware up to date. Not sure what to do. Here is a link to the video with the sound. That sound is with nothing playing. If a track is low you can still hear it.

Any advice would be great. you cant push audio over the blue usb cable that comes with the player anyway?

That doesn’t sound like much to worry about. I had to turn up my speakers to hear it. Once you’ve got music playing, nobody’s going to notice.

You could try RCA to 3.5 because you don’t need a balanced signal and it’s more likely to be consumer level -10dB than the +4dB from the XLRs.

You can get audio over USB when using the Prime 4 as a controller - but the level is very low.

I was doing more research and It appears that some on board audio can have issues like this with electrical crosstalk. they recommended moving the audio off the motherboard so I just ordered a soundcard pci. Fingers crossed.

Hi,

I recently purchased a prime 4 controller. I’m sending xlr to 3.5 jack to my onboard audio in. Using that to connect to obs for streaming to Twitch. When connected I get a buzzing sound with no audio playing that takes up to 25% of the audio level. I purchased another cable from another manufacture and same thing. I put it in master out and booth out same thing. When the speakers are connected I get no issue from them. Link below to me audio testing on twitch if you want to hear. Motherboard is a x570 pro wifi asus Tuf. Windows 11 all driver and firmware updates are done. Any advice would be appreciated.

Here is so you can hear whats going on.

@Lopan sorry, I’ve merged it here. Thought it was double topic? Can’t tell really.

Thanks, no worries :smiley:

1 Like

20€ Behringer

1 Like

I was able to resolve this by turning down the DB in OBS and cranking up the master. Still going to try the new sound card and see if that removes the sound all together.

My friend recommended a loop isolator just got here today. hope it clears up the audio noise issue.

ok so I got a 3.5 loop isolator to get rid of the static sound and it did that but it’s cutting gout 80% of the audio in the right channel. I also tried a Sound blaster card to take the audio off the motherboard and the same thing. I could change to rca and try that I guess but I would need another sound card that has right and left in?

You may want to consider these items to get going

Plug the XLR to Booth or Master

Plug USB to streaming computer

Simples

Ok thanks I will try it. Do you think I will also need a loop isolator?

No you don’t need any loop isolator.

I did countless streams with that 30 euros solution.

1 Like

Sweet thanks what’s your Twitch or whatever platform?

i havent been streaming since the end of the restrictions…but hey Twitch