Prime 4 Tidal Track BPM / Key info analyses, and loads, then disappears and cannot be recalled or re-analyzed

Many tracks, seeming at random, in my Tidal playlists upon initial analysis will show the information for BPM and key once grids are finished loading… in some cases it appears upon a second load of that song the key info becomes a dash and from that point on cannot be reloaded or reanalyzed, the song will play fine but the key info is missing.

Prime 4 running 2.1.2 although this bug has been present in previous issues as well. Wishing for an option to be able to re-analyze a single song without wiping out all my tidal info in one fell swoop… more granular control would seem to be helpful here although i’m not sure if that would fix the underlying issue that is causing this info to disappear at random and be unrecoverable from there. I am not really keen on trying to reset all my saved tidal info as that might not fix the issue and I will not be any farther ahead.

I have a similar issue. I am playing a Tidal Playlist on my 6000m and after 45 minutes all my playlists info disappears sure all my playlists are listed but the specific tracks in each disappear. How do you organize Tidal playlists by BPM in my 6000m if possible? I can do it serato desktop on my computer. I can’t see Tidal on Engine desktop. Please be gentle in your responses as not everyone is as savvy as you are. Thanks.

The way I organize by BPM or Key is sadly by loading the entire playlist on the device you want to play it in (in my case the P4 but this shouldn’t change much) to view the key/bpm and basically have to re-organize it in Tidal (desktop app or web player) to be in order… this is somewhat challenging as you are going back and forth… I will then go back “out” of tidal on the P4 to re-load the playlists and ensure I am on the right track in terms of organizing. So TLDR: you are using the 6000 to see what the key and BPM of the tracks are, and then the desktop tidal or web player app to organize your lists by hand.

In terms of info disappearing though, I am unsure if it is on any sort of time frame, except that once it is gone (ie dashes appear for key, BPM is typically still visible) it also disappears from the playlist view (even if it had been there before) and cannot seem to be recovered. to be clear it is only key and BPM that seems to be missing after it has been analyzed and saved.

Thanks for that but it’s a bear to have to do it this way. Does anyone know if there’s an update coming to fix this soon? We should be able at least to one click organize by BPM somehow regardless of source.

Argggghhh !

I have a Prime 2, and all my Tidal info is stored in my internal SSD.

I downloaded some new music onto a flash drive, and popped it in my top usb on the player , now its lost all my tidal info including the bpm off my SSD :person_shrugging:

Why ! ? :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

The joys of streaming im afraid. Its ok to listen to new stuff but you cant beat hard copies of tracks for reasons like this.

I can’t see how that can happen.

The Prime units can only access one storage device at a time, so if you’re using a flash drive, then the player can’t access the SSD - so how would it delete anything?

In fact, even if it could access the SSD, why would it delete anything from the database because you played some other tracks? Doesn’t make sense to me.

Possibly the same as my prime deciding to wipe my hard drive a couple of weeks back for no apparent reason.

What I don’t understand, there is no default drive option to store tidal or any other streaming service data in ?

This is not the first time its failed to read data from a streaming service, it wiped the data from Beatport link once.

Another thing is, if I access Tidal before my internal ssd,it doesn’t show any stored waveforms, bpm or cue points, it seems like you have to launch the ssd before using the streaming service.

Maybe Denon can tell me why it’s not accessing my drive data for external services when launched.

You should access your default drive before getting onto the streaming service. Then anything you play or charge on the streamer will create a record in your default drive. At least that’s how it works for me.

How do I know its the Default? there’s no setting to assign it to any data.

It still doesn’t explain why my Tidal data has been wiped for good ?

When you start up your player you should click on one of your physical drives(in sources) and load that profile. Everything you do after (possible as metadeta) will be added to that profile.