Prime 4+/Serato question

When i use Serato on my Prime 4+ is there a better way to access my hardrive besides pressing file on Serato?

What do you mean by ‘access your hard drive’ ?

What are you trying to achieve by accessing it?

I think he may mean browsing tracks. With Serato on the Prime 4+ you can’t do that from the Prime 4+ hardware or screen. You have to use the computer.

On the other hand, VirtualDJ does allow you to browse and search from the Prime.

I only ask because the ‘files’ button in Serato is where you add music from your computer into the software, which shouldn’t be done with hardware connected really.

Serato preferred workflow is to add music using files, analyse it, then attach hardware.

Ah, perhaps he’s expecting to access an internal drive in the Prime 4+ whilst using Serato?

1 Like

Yeah im a little confused by the ask, once they answer we may know how best to advise.

I guess browsing my hardrive is a better word. Im asking is there a better way to browse my hardrive while using Serato.

Yes that’s what im asking. Is there a setting to make it more visible or is Serato just not setup for accessing my internal hard drive.

No that’s the way Serato works. You do that prior to performing with it.