Prime 4 reboot on loading tracks

The Idea of a quarintine folder is a nice attemp. If player get´s in trouble, the file should be moved to a special folder, to check afterwards. And the player should definitly not reboot!

1 Like

I’ve not got the Denon Prime 4 yet, was just doing some research as I am moving away from Traktor Kontrol & Laptop due to so many issues, came across this post. Just wondering if anyone has experienced the reboot with tracks directly from Beatport?

I’ve had this problem for a while now and from what I’ve discovered it only happens with files that have been analysed with Engine after I exported my collection from Rekordbox. If I just play tracks from my Rekordbox USB I have zero problems.

Another thing I find odd is that you can preview the “corrupted” tracks with the preview function from the playlist, but as soon as you load it the OS freezes and reboots.

I moved to Denon because I was lured in with innovation, but what’s the point if it’s unreliable and unstable? It has happened at 3 different sold out events and it’s quite embarrassing and I’ve never experienced anything like this with Pioneer.

I know many in this thread advocate for using some clean up programs, but I really don’t think it should be our responsibility to fix this bug. I buy all my music on Beatport and I’ve never had a problem until now.

I guess I’ll just keep on using Rekordbox and the problem is that I’ll have a hard time trusting Engine in the future since I’m not really sure how I can be reassured that it’s not going to crash on me again on full dancefloor.

1 Like

@Jake This might be another one to investigate.

The common problem with most of these issues seems to be the RB conversion so at least it is getting narrowed down. Interesting how the preview still works.

@Byronosaurus The dev team at Denon DJ may want either the file or the database sending over so they can help pinpoint it exactly. Hopefully they should be in touch after seeing this (although it is new year!).

amigos a mi me pasaba lo mismo y mi solución fue actualizar la denon prime 4 a una versión anterior y dejo de molestar pero si me gustaría hacer saber a los del servicio técnico de la denon es que con esas actualizaciones dejo de funcionar la función de zone la deshabilita

If you look at the library in engine how many tracks are in red?? 99% of library issues are due to bad tracks or bad headers. Also its failing to prepare properly by actually playing the track on the prime 4 at home or in studio practice.

Dont just rely on mp3 being “good” even from beatport. Only when its tested as playable can it be called “good”

Fail to prepare… prepare to fail.

1 Like

Last night i had the exact same problem with my denon prime go… 3 different tracks freezed my equipment and turn off.

This morning i checked at the Engine DJ on my PC and the tracks freezed the software as well !!

There is no problem at the mp3 file (checked with the fix software)…

those tracks i had imported from my rekordbox library, when i re-analyze this tracks at the engine os they start to work properly…

this really really ■■■■■, because i got this equipment so i could stop use my laptop at the places and now i cant trust this equipment…

Well technically you can. It was the importation from rekordbox that caused the issue. Another cross migration of software and blaming equipment.

Solution.

Reanalyze your library in full … problem theoretically solved.