Prime 4 reboot on loading tracks

It should

1. either not load
  2. load with a warning :warning:icon… play at your own risk!
  3. quarantined into a corrupted folder

A shut down is not ideal especially the Prime 4 which i think most of wedding/mobile djs are eyeing or buying.

First dance shut down

5 Likes

Amen to that. It’s a feature request that needs a +1 right there.

The again, it shouldn’t even be a feature. It should be standard. Let’s hope there is something one day.

I like the corrupt folder idea.

Well I am experinceing the same issues ! I am using Prime 4 with samsung SSD EVO850 500GB All tracks has been analyzed by Platinium notes / MIK/ Serato/ Rekordbox/ Virtual DJ/ and Engine Prime. There are no problems at all anywhere. I then read this post and analyzed the files with the suggested 2 programs ( Mp3 Val and MP3 Scan + Repair) also with no errors (wel it did find loads of things but not with the problematic files) I have taken 2 files here: https://bit.ly/3rnM5pV https://bit.ly/3rogbtj

they play well everywhere but reboots my prime 4 for some reason !!!

Does anyone have any problems with these Files ? do you have any file checker that can find anything with these files ? Can you load them up in your Prime Player ??

Ohh By the way – these files have been virus-checked by Kaspersky Antivirus/Internet security 2021.

Thanks for the links !! I have been looking for something like this for ages. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

there was something strange when i loaded california love…i couldnt shift the grid…i noticed it was slightly off. but i pressed reset, then was able to shift the grid and was able to load and play

inxs is playing as well with no issues

tested on 5000m

Super Strange behaviour I hope someone with the p4 also tests it and that the Denon team pick this up !!! i do have more files in the collection that does this but i do not have the time to hunt for them i have to setup my ddj 1000 for the weekend as i cant use this as it is right now !!! :-/

Thanks for testing i out !!!

1 Like

Did you try to reanalyse the files in EP

I mean reanalysis…not analysis

There are two analysis options in EP.

Run Analysis first, then a do a second pass with reanalyse

Hmm sounds like an odd action but I’ll give it a try it might just work :-))

Hi @mencarhell,

Sorry for the delay, we are investigating your problem.

Would you tell us what version you’re running please?

Kind regards,

Jake

Hi Jake, so sorry for the delay.

I’m running the last updated version: 1.6.1.5 version. Same in my Prime4.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem, have prime 4 for like 2 weeks, latest firmware, some tracks on loading reboot the whole thing which is huge problem, cause I have to load every track from playlist to know that console wont crash while im recording set… Tracks analyzed in rekordbox, works fine but when im in prime software trying to analyze the track it frozes… Any solutions soon?

Im playing from USB stick, same files works fine when i had it just from rekordbox… But after syncing with engine it crashes software and it is rebooting console

1 Like

Hi There WhoCares I somehow got my tracks working again. I Used these 2 programs

1. MP3 Diags Unstable 1.5.01
  2. MP3val download | SourceForge.net I simply scanned my whole library and used the fix tools on what ever they could find. then re imported everything and reanalyzed it all. 3 days of work ! :frowning: – I am not sure what was wrong, all my tracks also worked everywhere exept in Prime engine. – Best of luck to ya !
1 Like

This is a great app for Windows and has helped me out many times in the past.

For MacOS users the triq.net - MP3 Scan + Repair App is a great alternative.

1 Like

I started using MP3 Scan + Repair as you suggested and I have to say that it finds many errors that I didn’t expect in some tracks. Scanning completely my library like @DJMonzter I hope I won’t see this issue, even if I already deleted the problematic files which rebooted the system.

3 Likes

Thanks for helping mate, but still this should be fixed by denon. If for any reason player cant play the track it shouldnt reboot whole thing.

5 Likes

I also have a problem with rebooting during the selection of some tracks and denon prime interrupts the broadcast on e that time, it is unacceptable

I used suggested programs and still denon is freezing… the support here is a joke, this shoudnt happen with gear that cost so much!

1 Like

This solved this thanks, so for everyone else having same issues try this, I use rekordbox to set my cues etc and then import to engine prime, then reanalyze tracks and the problem is gone…

1 Like

Well…there is a reason why it was marked as a solution for the problem posted by the OP, you could have tried it first before ranting that support users give here is a joke…

My bad. I marked Mufasa’s post as solved after the recent comment above, but didn’t check the OP username…

@mencarhell I’ll remove the closing-timer and keep this topic open.