Prime 4 not showing USB and SSD drives in 3.3.0

Hi all, having major issues with my P4. This only seems to have happened since updating to 3.3.0

When turning on, the peripherals aren’t loading. The USB and SSD drives aren’t ring recognised.

If I reinstall the firmware, either 3.2.0 or the current 3.3.0 it works perfectly until i shut down the unit and then get all of the same issues again, until i reinstall the firmware. Very bizarre that i need to reinstall the firmware every time i turn it on to make it work.

Has anybody experienced the same?

Hey Robert - sorry to hear that you’re having issues.

Does restarting the unit one more time fix this? If not, I would suggest trying a factory reset. This will wipe setting and wifi passwords - just FYI.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion.

I have been finding lately that on initial boot, it can take up to 10 minutes to load however the touch screen does not work, nor does it read the USB. If I then hold down the power button to restart the unit, it is loading and working normally.

Regarding the restore to factory settings, I have tried this however it always hangs on the ‘shutting down’ page and doesn’t progress

Hrmm. I’d suggest trying to do a factory reset without the SATA or USB drive connected. If it’s successfully able to do that without it, and you still get issues with the drives a full reformat of both would probably be in order. If that doesn’t solve things, you would probably have to get in touch with customer service at that point. Hopefully we can get thing squared here. Let us know how those troubleshooting steps turn out.

I have tried those steps however it is still hanging at the factory reset.

I have spoke with customer services already and they said because it’s out of the 1yr warranty there is nothing they can do