Prime 4 lights help please

Hi all

Thank you for reading this. I have a prime 4. I have today brought a phillips lightbar and hue bridge. I have followed the prime 4 video to set up the lights. All the eay through the set up has been perfect lights work etc.

I have now finished the set up but the lights are just off and not reacting.

Any ideas?

I do not have any speakers connected as just using headphones as kids in bed etc

Is your hue bridge connected to the same router that your prime 4 is, on the same band wifi, ie 5ghz for example? Is your unit definitely connected to the Wi-Fi and have you ensured there is a valid connection to the bridge in your device setup screen?

1 Like

Thank you Stu

It was all connected same wifi etc it suddenly worked out of nowhere. I rhink the bridge had dropped out for some reason. Unsure why but woeks now. Thank you for help though, sincerely appreciate it chap

2 Likes

No probs… I’ve only messed around with it for a short time but I found you had to re-establish the bridge connection in the lighting settings more often than it should. I think it was in the main settings screen before you enter the lighting dashboard. I hate the bridge though so I’ve got rid of it and I’m using my Amazon device to control the lights now.

If you’d just bought it all there’s a possibility it was doing firmware updates as the lights take a while to update and the bridge has had updates to give it Matter compatibility. I found problems with the Entertainment zone initially but I had an update which sorted it. Some lamps just didn’t want to be added even though they were compatible.

Glad to see you’ve got it working now although I find reliability worse when using Amazon Echo devices to control them. I have 23 colour Hue lights and two Hue smart plugs and often get “light unresponsive” on the Echo show when sending commands yet they still turn on/off. There is also no issues within the Hue app. It’s as if there’s ceiling to it all within the Alexa environment and I flirt with that limit.

1 Like