Prime 4 key in Library View is different than Performance View

Hello,

I just purchased a Denon Prime 4 controller. I’m using an existing Rekordbox library.

For some songs in my library, the key shown in the Library View is different than the key shown in the Performance View. The Library View shows the correct key, and the Performance View shows an incorrect key. This happens with some tracks, not all of them. Songs are all AIFF. Running Engine OS 2.2.2.

Any ideas why this would be happening?

Moin @bgorby, good day to you and welcome to our groove :wink:

If I’m right, you detected for a discrepancy between the key shown in the performance view on the touch screen and your library view.

The reason for your detected discrepancy may be:

• You speeded up or down the pitch fader (32)
  • You pressed the key lock / key sync (31) or not.

It depends on this combination, if the key in the Performance view will slide.

Furthermore if you touch the key (31) for some seconds, the key on the touch screen will change to the key of the leading track.

Next, you can touch the key on the touch screen for some seconds, and then you can adjust the key by hand.

Don’t be afraid, it will take some time till you get familiarly with this combination, and at last “rtfm” and have a look at your general settings in the control center / User Profile.

Phps my description will assist you a little bit.

Good luck and enjoy your training.

Brgds

BeatMaster

1 Like

Moin moin @BeatMaster !

Thanks so much for the response and for enlightening me on the key discrepency causes. Much appreciated!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.