Prime 4 invalid files

My Prime 4 is saying invalid files when trying to move the mp3 files across to a deck when in playlist mode, they are all in red. It started after I purchased and downloaded a load of WAV files. I took all the MP3’s off and re-downloaded them but it’s still doing it. The WAV files read fine. The problem is only in Playlist edit mode, not normal folder files. Any ideas. I am new to this set-up BTW. Still a newbie. Cheers.

1 Like

I had a similar thing happen on my my Mixstream Pro. I think it happens when you add new track files from a Rekordbox xml to Engine DJ and then do an update transfer to SD or stick. If you’ve moved things around on the stick but not Rekordbox/Engine, then it doesn’t match the transfered files and thinks they aren’t there. Put your collection in alphabetical and search if the red files are duplicated elsewhere on the stick/SD. Just re add them to the playlist they’re missing from. OR there maybe a ‘relocate missing file’ option. I don’t have Prime 4 so don’t know. I just drag and drop a playlist folder with new tracks in now, rather than doing a transfer from Engine. It hasn’t happened since.

Great piece of advice there friend. That does sound like what has happened. I re-imported the tracks on RB, deleted the dodgy files on the memory stick that were showing red on the Prime 4 then re downloaded them back on and thankfully, hey presto, done! I’ll have to remember that in the future.

Great! Nice to be useful for a change! :laughing::+1: