Prime 4 FX Major Problem

Hi Denon Forum Fellows,

i have my P4 since 2019 and was never satisfied with recording results, not with internal or external recording. Always there were parts in the set where i couldn’t get where the level differences are commming from…Some parts are always too upleveled others were not. I used to blame it on the tracks mastering.

Some weeks ago i just realised, when the channels are assigned to the fx units… Ch.2 is assinged to Fx1 and Ch.3 is assigned to Fx 2- even when the ON button on each FX unit is not! engaded, everytime i turn the FX Select knob and switch between FX, the Main out and Booth Outs get affected in level and soundcolour really.

Anybody who can reproduce this?

Have a nice weekend all…

what is the version of the OS in your Prime4 ??? “the dosage (level) of the effect adjusts with Dry / Wet”

Im still on OS 2.40. I know how the knobs on the mixer work.:grinning: The behaviour of the FX is not like it is supposed to be.

Like i said, the use of the FX Select knob affects my Maine/ Booth out- even when the FX Section is not engaged (ON button under FX Select knob is off), without using the dry/wet controls.

I’ll capture a Video later to make the problem clear.

Install the 3.0.1 update and you will see that the fx section works and sounds much better ! :wink:

Problem Major lol

I am not sure you understand what i mean. I have no problem with the sound of th FX Section, it is its function.

@Rikbert I’m pointing out that there is an improvement and quality fix in v3.0.1, so before yelling “Major Problem”, try updating your P4, maybe the solution is there!

For my part, I had not encountered this kind of problem with 2.4.0!

All updates, I perform them with the installation utility either Windows or Mac + the Blue USB cable, the reason is that I had a problem with an update by wifi and even with the file .img via a usb key, a few years ago, since then I do all the updates with the installation utility.

Have you tried re-installing the OS? (Maybe a mistake was made during installation)

I did not realize this until a few days ago. This means i cant say it is since any update. And when i say Major problem, i mean its a Major problem with my unit… Aint yelling at all…

1 Like