Prime 4 Computer mode fail

I just got a brand new laptop for my new Prime 4 controller so i could use Serato DJ Pro. Well, serato connects to the prime 4, but the controller doesn’t do anything. Both decks blink blue/white, all master/channel levels maxed out, screen stuck on “computer mode … [standalone]” screen. Only thing i can do on the controller is shut it down or go back to standalone mode.

My pc is an MSI with a 12th gen intel i7 and plenty of ram and such. Windows 11. Prime 4 is current at ver. 2.3.2 and screens at ver. 0.50 each.

The pc sees and connects to the prime 4 and i can use serato pro, but i have no controller functionality. I’ve read every topic on this and nothing leads me in the correct direction. All help will be greatly appreciated.

I assume you have installed all the correct drivers for the prime 4

Thank you, I got it figured out before this post was approved.

I went to use Virtual DJ and it told me there is an (optional) driver on the denon website specific for the controller. Went and installed that not thinking anything about it. VDJ came up on the controller right away even before i installed it, but i went back to Serato and it took care of the problem.

Funny how VDJ tells you there is an additional driver, but Serato doesn’t.

1 Like

Glad you got it sorted.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.