Prime 4 channel faders are where?

I got 4x replacement channel faders and went to instal them. (There are zero youtube vids or anything instructive on the inerwebs). This is what i found…just a wall of plastic under the mettle facade. So, i thought “oki must be open the the back up, shouldn’t be too hard eh”.

So thats what i did, only to be met with thos sight…

Notice the dirty girt plate of tin or whatever in the centre, directly ontop of the channel faders? I proceded to unscrew it thinking “surely it cant be too hard”.

I was mistaken again! That silver fudge knuckle is literally screwed in under all the other circuitry so to remove it means…

This consumed my life for the entire day. Oh and theres more… Underneath all of that, theres the back of another circuit board but when i unscrewed that, it would not come free. It was at this point i realised that this is some sort of bs i mean why would they make the faders so flimson one hand and so impossible to replace on the other? This was a royal two handed, boxing glove claded fisting i received today so thanks for that Denon. I managed to put it back together but that was literally 20 mins ago (23:30) too late for me to turn it on and plus im just to tired and deflated from the whole ordeal. Fingers crossed for A-it actually turning on and B-finding someone who can fix it.

It’s no surprise that modern sleek designs aren’t like the old gappy designs of the 70s and 80s , where there were gaps the size of books between every pcb.

Best left to the authorised service centers

1 Like

Yeah, i fudged it. Now the screen wont come on and a tiny little fuze thing fell off. Im taking it to a dude on friday. Dont know how much It’ll cost, my only comfort is in it being entirely my fault. When you go fro. Being a mediocre bedroom dj to a Denon technician in one screwdriver lol. Fml.

1 Like

How have you managed to cause so much damage to the unit from in the bedroom?

Those cue pads look battered, as does the crossfader plate and the top right hand section?

Lol. The cue pads are fine. Its a reflection from the light plus finger grease. At least an hour a day for 3 years usage. The crossfader plate is because thats the only fader ive been able to use for 2.5 years. Im pkaying mostly jungle n dnb not chumbawumba n mozart😁. There are a few week quality parts on the unit. The faders seem to be made of tin foil and the paint on the mettle plates comes off very easy. But ive ordered some skins so that will be rectified soon, providing i can get the other issues fixed.

Hello, How did you remove the metal top plate of the mixer? I tried once in the past by removing the screws but it could not be moved at all. Any tip?

Thats literally it. Remove all screws connected to the plate and use something to pry it off. Its a bit stiff but will budge. From top (near screen) working youre way to bottom (under lswitches) My advise though is dont bother! Honestly DO NOT make the same mistakes as me and just let a pro do it. I let my ego minimalise the complexity of the unit and now ive broken my soul by just all round disrespecting my prime 4.

Thank you!!! The reason i wanted to remove the top plate was to paint or fix some scratches. Does anyone knows the part number of the mixer cover plate?

I designed my own skin. Not too expensive either. Mine should arive in the next few days. Anything that can bypass having to remove a single screw would be beneficial.

1 Like