Prime 2 Tempo control lag

Positive, maybe your looking at the updated model? Mine was the original, the arrow are not LED they are red stickers

100% Certain, this is the DDJ-SZ manual, clearly labelled.

1000%

Lol guess they were. Its odd that i never encountered issues with that system.

From my experience as an ex DDJ-SX2 owner and current Prime 2 owner, the features have largely worked the same when it comes to re-activating the pitch after using sync, you have to move it to where the device pitched to in order to make it active again.

Fair enough, and i understand why it just took my by surprise the first time i encounter it.

Yeah it definitely is that, i don’t use sync and have only ever messed around with it occasionally myself so not something im used to either.

I use it when layering a 3rd track but as of late ive been using the roll feature instead

1 Like

If softtakeover was disabled, the pitch of the playing track would “jump” from whatever the device had set the pitch to internally, to wherever the pitch control was physically, the moment the pitch control was touched.

It’s not that traktorz or seratos or whatever’s way of avoid that pitch jump is wrong, or right, or that soft takeover on a hardware device is right, or wrong… just different ways of avoiding the pitch jump

In two deck mode in serato the feature is not available. Pitch is relative.

there is a request to have relative pitch sliders…so it works just like Serato as you and I are used to.

https://community.enginedj.com/t/option-to-use-pitch-tempo-slider-in-relative-mode/37070?u=mufasa

Vote for it

Another thing you may miss from Serato is

https://community.enginedj.com/t/allow-bpm-beat-sync-with-double-half-bpm/44460?u=mufasa

1 Like

Some manufacturer should swap the linear pitch control for an endless rotary control, then we wouldn’t need soft takeover.

Actually, maybe it could be a firmware update to allow user to allocate the function of changing pitch to one of the existing endless rotaries. They could even add “Shift” as a modifier for making the pitch change 10x quicker

…. But I think people have gotten too used to the slider.

There was also one controller with a moto-fader back in the days, that moved the pitch fader when You used sync or changed the deck focus in dj software.

Stanton SCS1D

9" motorized platter and moto-fader - great deck.