Prime 2 Discontinued?

Has the Prime 2 been discontinued? I’ve been looking at investing in some new gear and notice that some outlets are showing as no longer available.

Look at the Denon dj web site, if it would be discontinued, it would say it there probably…

Just checked and it looks like it’s quietly been discontinued.

Still in stock???

Maybe on backorder still after covid, chip shortage, fuel crisis, its tuesday, its 2022 and any other excuse

The way inMusic seem to manage their stock levels seem so be feast or famine, everywhere has loads of stock or no one has any its always like that it seems the don’t manufacture any more until they are running really low.

Im stock too but more money. Thats through denon website

Seems to have been dropped from the Inmusic store and some others …

Now click Standalone at bottom

That was following the link through from the Denon website. Could be that they’ve just changed the link or something.

Thats a thormann thing… others have it in stock for next day delivery

Loads of places have it in stock, but there’s a few things hinting that it’s been discontinued. It looks like it’s also been unofficially backed up in the Denon DJ FB group by those who have access to that information. Also, Thomann will usually allow you to back order. I’m going to sit tight for a bit and wait for a month or two to see if anything new arrives.

Unless thomann have stopped stocking it. Just because one reseller hasnt got any i wouldnt read too much at moment

They were on offer with a lot of UK stores for £999, a month or two ago. …presumably to clear out stock?

Thomann have confirmed it’s discontinued. Looking forward to what’s potentially around the corner!

Mmmmmmmmm. Prime 4 next then. Have denon thrown the towel in on standalones??? If so they have just shot themselves in the foot. Because theirvwill be A LOT of unhappy customers that will walk.

If they have thrown the towel in maybe they will make engine and os publicly availabe to be played with outside of denon

https://inmusicstore.com/shop-by-category/dj/standalone-dj-systems/denon-dj-prime-2.html

Got it listed here

I think I’m wrong about the InMusic store as all the links to buy from the Denon DJ website don’t seem to work.

Yes it has been disco. They needed the parts for other things. Sadly.

So get 'em while ya can!

1 Like

Couldnt it be because the Prime 2 is really “close” to the Mixstream product? Just a thought.

If I had to choose between the Prime 2 and the Mixstream I dont think there really is so much that could justify the price-difference (except a bit better build quality on the P2). In my opinion they are both (awesome) beginner-products, but very similar.

(I´m aware of the speakers/ monitors on the Mixstream, but this might even pull some beginners away from the P2)

1 Like