Prime 2 crossfader not working as it was

Ah wow, back to 2.0.0 it is then, i dont think there was anything of relevance in the latest update for Prime 2 users anyway was there?

Main updates we will be missing are compatibility with Windows OS (Windows 11) and a Mac OS (macOS12, also added Sync fixes.

Are you able to confirm if the thru buttons are working as they were.

I’ll be doing it tomorrow morning then will let you know how it’s working.

1 Like

Ive downloaded that firmware file, where can we find these older versions? or do we have to contact Denon support for them? is there an archive?

Download them here.

Ahhh cheers man I can see it now, scroll down to the version then download…

I’m just doing mine now back to 2.0.0, I can now set either A or B on the buttons (and reverse them) but Through mode doesn’t work, it just throws everything to the left side and nothing on the right side, so crossfader left = both tracks playing through, crossfader right = nothing, this was what it was doing when I was on 2.0.0 before.

There is definitely some crossfader firmware issues here. Im sticking on 2.0.0 for now anyway.

Exactly the same issue I am having with the thru buttons. I only get music from the left side.

I am using v2.0.2

1 Like

Ill have a look at 2.0.2 to see if anything in the release notes is significant enough to do another upgrade… im just hoping whatever the issue is, is ironed out for the next patch.

I can’t see it being fixed anytime soon. The man and lady I spoke with both told me the engineers said it can’t be a firmware issue. I then had to prove myself that Denon had released a firmware allowing us to disable the crossfader, that has caused this problem.

1 Like

Yeah that’s not great. I’ll just stick on this firmware for the foreseeable then, no great need to upgrade now it’s on 2.0

I have received this email from denon about the crossfader and updating.

Further from the correspondence below, our support team have been looking into the problem you have experienced and have discussed the matter with the Denon DJ team.

I can confirm that the PRIME2 is not meant to have an option where users can turn off the crossfaders; as the unit has physical switches that allow users to assign the crossfader as a Left, Right or Thru.

It has since been confirmed that the initial v2.0 firmware did include an option to disable the crossfader. This was an error that was not widely known and was specific to the PRIME2. This was quickly remedied in the next firmware update which was released around 2 weeks later. It is for this reason that our support team were unaware of this setting/issue; as it was something that was quickly fixed by the Denon team. I can also confirm that this is not an issue that has been raised directly to our UK/EU team prior to this point.

It is possible that if users left the crossfader disabled and updated their units to a later version, the Crossfader functionality would remain de-activated with no way on the new versions to turn it back on. The way around this would be to roll back to the initial version, re-enable the cross fader and then update to v2.1.1 and use the product as intended.

I’d like to thank you for your feedback and patience while our team have been investigating this query and I apologise on behalf of the support team, for the initial misdiagnosis of the issue.

I was running v2.0.2.

I have turned my crossfader on from the dropdown menu, set both thru buttons on the middle and updated to v2.1.1 but still no crossfader option shows and the crossfader doesn’t work like it should.

I have now tried updating incrementally with the thru buttons set as A/B and the x-fader open. Still the same problem with the music only coming from the left side.

Ill have a go on mine over the weekend, and see if its any better going from 2.0.0 up to the latest. ill make sure its active first. They really should be working to fix the issue.

One other mistake they made is assuming lots of people update Firmware on their devices, I think the percentage of people who actually update the firmware is very small as most people just buy them and use them on current version.

Did you have any luck with the updates and crossfader or still the same problem with music coming from the left only?

I haven’t done it man… im working from home from Wednesday and will set it all up and do it then… had a busy weekend so not had chance.

I had the same problem with the crossfader. I downgraded to 2.0.2 via laptop and enabled x-fader, then updated to 2.1.1 and it’s working again. I think the problem was when i updated i had the x-fader off from the menu. Hope it works for you to.

Yeah I think it’ll work for us too, but I’m both our case it seems to break the crossfader assign buttons so you can’t assign them properly, music always coming out of the left channel.

I’m updating again tomorrow so will test it.

I have tried different ways of downgrading/upgrading and as Stu said it messes up the crossfader by only playing music on the left.

1 Like

Update from me, I don’t know if they have added a different file to the firmware catalogue but ive turned my CF on and updated to the latest version and now everything is working as expected… all the assign buttons are working now so maybe give it one more try.

I updated straight from 2.0.0 to the latest too so don’t know if that makes a difference.

I have downgraded from 2.11 to 2.0 and then enabled x-fader and set the thru buttons as A and B on left and right with the crossfader in the middle and still doesn’t work.

Downgraded back to 2.0 again and installed the new 2.1.2 with the crossfader enabled and it still doesn’t work for me.

I have now tried installing every update via USB and computer but the same problem exists with no sound on the right with xfader enabled.