Prepare playlist streaming service advice. In Rekordbox is this possible!

Dear Engine users, I would like to prepare a playlist with Tidal tracks in it. Unfortunately, the Engine 2.2 software does not support this, but the hardware does. Very clumsy. Now I can import the history from my Prime 2 into Engine DJ, but then I get an error message. In Rekordbox you can easily add Tidal tracks and play them on a Laptop with controller, but not on an RX3 or CDJ3000. Who can give me a good tip to prepare Tidal (streaming service) tracks?

I use a bit of an intricate system to get what you ask for, but that’s the only way we have until this feature request is implemented.

From the console, have the Tidal tracks you want to use in the playlist analyze: you can do it manually by playing each track, or you can set the “continue” mode and let the console do the sequence automatically. At the end of the whole sequence you will get that those tracks will be present in your collection on your remote unit.

Now take your remote drive and connect it to your PC where you are running EDJ Desktop. Open your collection and you will see that the Tidal tracks you analyzed previously will also be present.

Create your playlist and put in it the Tidal tracks that you find in the collection. At that point you can also reorder the list as you like. The only thing you can’t do is load the track into the EDJ Desktop player. In this way you get your playlist with the Tidal tracks, sorted as you like, and which you can also reorder on the console with the appropriate button at the top right. Now you can export your new playlist from the main collection to your remote drive, using the Sync manager.

When you connect your remote unit to the console, you will see your new playlist with Tidal tracks. :smiley:

You can do this with Lexicon actually. Streaming tracks are converted when you choose a hardware device to sync to.

1 Like

I do what @DjAj does…can be a bit a long at times depending on the number of tracks but it does work.

1 Like

Can you elaborate on that a bit? I am not sure I understand correctly. So you can import a Tidal playlist from, say, the SC6000’s internal SSD to lexicon and then listen to and rearrange them within lexicon? And from there you could export back to the SC6000 player and the Tidal playlist will appear on the player the way you rearranged it within lexicon?

No, not quite. But you can convert streaming tracks from Rekordbox to Engine on a Denon device.

For streaming tracks, Lexicon only converts between the DJ apps. You can’t browse Tidal/Beatport/etc in Lexicon yet.

So what you can do is prepare your streaming tracks in Rekordbox (or Traktor, VirtualDJ) on your computer and then use Lexicon to send those tracks and playlists to a Denon device. This skips Engine desktop altogether.

It would be even better if you could fully manage the streaming tracks in Lexicon too (browse Tidal and add them), but we’re not there yet.

After a really busy time with a lot of parties, I finally had some time to do this. But it didn’t work for me. I created a playlist in Tidal and i pressed ‘Play as playlist’ i did this while going to bed and in the morning the whole list was played. I opened EDJ on my pc and no tracks where added. Also in my history on the prime 2 there was no list. What did i wrong?