Pre-analysis of Tidal Tracks

Hi guys,

It would be very handy to be able to analyse Tidal tracks within Engine Prime and sync the data down to the USB device, so that when I then play the track on my player I don’t have to download the metadata.

I used to be able to do this for Serato, view my tidal playlist in the software and then batch analyse the music. Currently, I have to load every song on the player one by one and it’s tiresome!

Is this something we can add, or is it doable currently?

Kyle

8 Likes

Certainly it would help with having correct grids on Tidal tracks.

I’ve noticed that the grids often need to be shifted over, and I can do that on the Prime hardware - but when the grid is clearly at a different BPM than the track, there’s nothing I can do.

1 Like

The upcoming firmware update will bring better bpm analysis.

But +1 on some form of pre-analysis for streaming services if possible.

Maybe if we can access tidal via Engine Prime , then it saves the analysis + performance info into database of the connected drive and local as well.

@ItsDJK why don’t you put this in the formal feature request area. You should be able to edit the post.

4 Likes

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Where it would then save the analysis and performance info to the database of the connected drive.

I tried to change it to that forum, however got “You are not permitted to view the requested resource.”

Maybe one of the mods will move it to the feature request area.

@AIRVince

OP can make new request using the template given.

2 Likes

Did this get raised as a request?

Yes. See here:

https://community.enginedj.com/t/prime-os-or-engine-prime-download-analyze-entire-tidal-playlist/21325

Thanks - how do I vote for that request? I don’t see a vote option anywhere.

Hit the heart :heart:

Thanks - have done so.

Hi guys - I just bought a Denon Prime GO and I’m loving it!

I was just wondering though - if there was a way to pre-analyze tracks without selecting it to play? For example I just want to know the BPM and the key it’s in for my whole playlist in Tidal… is there a way to do that without selecting each song to play one by one?

1 Like

https://community.enginedj.com/t/prime-os-or-engine-prime-download-analyze-entire-tidal-playlist/21325?u=mufasa

No.

Still wish there were a thing. Djay recently added this functionality. This is essential if you’re a wedding DJ getting long playlists every week from clients.