Potential bug in when playing with CDJ 3000 & SC 6000 on x1850 mixer

Its the default ones that comes with the players. Red and white Into «Line» on the mixer red and white.

Unless hes trying to lan the cdj 3000s. Its called the Process of elimination my brother.

@DjDuctape What Pioneer does with ProLink will not be “seen” by a DenonDJ mixer. Even if they’d sent audio over it.

Ethernet on the X18xx mixers is only relevant for Engine Connect info. OP states he has an audio problem, so ethernet is ruled out already.

@NoiseRiser Is this perhaps an “auto pre-listen Layer A audio on Layer B” mixup?

I was trying to get that info too. But so far, OP provided only this info that we see…

I don’t know what that means. Please can you bright out? I’ll try record a video as soon as I get home today

Read-up a bit on it here: Track Preview issues Pre listen problems - Engine DJ Hardware / Media Players - Engine DJ Community

So the mixers lan will just ignore it? This does not make sense. He is stating that the denon media player is controlling the cdj

“I have no cue on, just master. I have 1 denon sc6000 playing, pressing play on 1 CDJ 3000 while dragging fader from top to bottom on the sc6000 player. The cdj 3000 goes into a loop and i press play on cdj 3000”

Ill let yall help. My bad.

The only thing Ethernet does is share information between players (songs, etc) as long as they are connected. The Ethernet through mixer opens the possibility to share for all 4 decks, not just 2.

I’m already asking around if the connect protocols could possibly interfere which each other, but OP originally stated that unexpected audio is heard in his headphones.

@stAMy please don’t connect the CDJ3000 to the X18xx mixer when troubleshooting the headphone issue. :wink: After that, we could check the fader interaction with the CDJ3000.

1 Like

In order to troubleshoot this I think you really need to have speakers connected. If you can also hear SC6000 leaking audio on the speakers+headphones that would tell us your ch1 fader has a problem when set fully down (and that is the most likely explanation considering multiple users reported issue like this).

On the other hand, if you would hear SC6000 only in headphones and not in speakers that might be a bug with, as Reese mentioned, Track Preview function.

1 Like

Please ignore the background noise since it’s the ventilation system in the room. But I managed to capture some really good intel here. Only happens on the denon player. I noticed the mixer is blinking and seems buggy for some reason. Never experienced before I discovered this issue.

Mixer leds blinking has to do with the frequency of the camera.

Don’t exactly see or hear what I’m supposed to on my phone. I’ll try and replay on my computer later.

The channel 4 player is the player connected to. When channel 2 fader is up it still provides the sound, even when channel 4 is down.

Not much details on this video as well. Would be good to see in detail all settings of knobs and buttons, fx unit, sweep fx (maybe long tailed echo running), how does the cabling look - what is plugged in where… If all is as it should - that would be in deed a very weird bug or faulty fader. Test for the fader - plug in the same deck to another channel and check if the same happens.

I’ll do more testing, but in this video it’s just rca from sc6000 into channel 4 - fader up and low mid high 12 o clock. All effects/fx is off.

Looking at the video and having to pause it at the brief moment you show the master. It’s turned all the way down. How are you listening to the master out on the mixer? What are you listening to? Are you monitoring the booth out?

Exactly! Its all the way down, but it still sound on channel 2! All sound on headset without having pressed cue. There should be zero sound when fader 4 is down and fader 2 is up. There is nothing playing on channel 2! Yet there is sound coming from channel 4!

You still haven’t explained your signal chain. Is what we’re hearing being fed from the master out, the booth out or the headphone cue? You have your headphones set to 50/50 cue and master. Do you still hear it when set to cue only?

Headphone without cue button turned on, only loud volume from headset where cue/master knob is turned 12 o clock. Not sure about cue on fader 2, but havent tried that. The volume I get is supposed to only be from master thats currently playing and is fader up. Ive turned fader 2 up and the channel 4 is the one playing with fader at 0.

Interesting problem, but really, it is still not completely clear from your video how you are connected up, so could you check your connection matches the following…

Don’t plug the Pioneer CDJ’s into the ethernet hub on the back of the X1850, they use a different protocol to communicate. You can connect them together using a separate hub so they can share USB sticks.

Now decide which channel you want to use for the SC6000, remember it has two layers. I would go for channel 3 and 4 for the SC. (meaning the Pioneers use channel 1 and 2.)

Do plug the SC6000 ethernet cable into port number 3 on the back of the X1850 - this is important - it matters which number port you use. It must match the channel you will assign the player to.

Press and hold the ENGINE CONNECT button (looks like the Engine DJ logo) on the X1850 and you should see a screen pop up on the SC6000 where you can ASSIGN channel 3 and 4 to Layer A and B respectively.

Now the Mixer and SC6000 should be set up to communicate correctly. The CUE buttons for channel 3 and 4 will change colour to match Layer A and B on the SC6000. You can also preview tracks in the file selector an it’ll play through the correct channel on the X1850. The SC6000 will send tempo information to the X1850 FX section for those channels too. Finally, if you use Soundswitch, it will understand what’s playing through which channel and control the light show accordingly.

Double check your LINE IN cables are going to the appropriate channels and try your test again.