POLL Streaming services and cloud services

Curious now that the online world is opening up for the Prime series… What would you like if anything was possible?

Which announced upcoming streaming services would you use on Prime series?

• Beatport
  • Beatsource
  • Soundcloud
  • Tidal
  • None of these given the selection and diversity of tracks (music catalog not suitable)
  • None of these considering the price
  • None of these considering that I do not want to use streaming services

0 voters

Which streaming services would you furher like to see integrated in the Prime series?

Any other answers in the comments

• Amazon Music Unlimited
  • Apple Music
  • Deezer
  • Google Play Music
  • Pandora Premium
  • Qobuz
  • QQ Music
  • Spotify
  • TuneIn (stream radio)
  • Youtube Music

0 voters

Would you like the option to access your own music and/or (backup) library trough the cloud?

Any other answers in the comments

• No
  • Yes, Amazon S3
  • Yes, Box
  • Yes, Dropbox
  • Yes, Google Drive
  • Yes, iCloud
  • Yes, iDrive
  • Yes, Mega
  • Yes, Microsoft OneDrive
  • Yes, Personal NAS access

0 voters

I’d just like to use a laptop to stream tracks to the primes, like with Rekordbox. I don’t know if that is a “streaming” feature.

1 Like

I asked my mate why he wants to do things this way instead of using a dedicated hard drive and backup solution. He’s just too butt-dog lazy to buy or collect files on his laptop and then copy them onto a portable device.

NAS support would also be handy. because of my own server. then I could park all my tracks there.

Good for your friend but it’s not my case. I’m not lazy and I put a lot of time in maintaining my library.

I’d like not to use a laptop at all, and rely only in the internal hd. But I’d be interested in streaming from laptop because I still find the search and navigation functionalities too slow in the primes (and yes, I’m using a ssd drive, etc) and I have lost hopes in Denon bettering it.

Maybe not a feature to use live, but needed for me when preparing the set.

Also it’s something featured by Pioneer and I know there are a lot big users relying on it (this has been discussed in the forum several times) so maybe Denon could consider it regardless of your friend habits.

That kind of defeats the purpose of having everything in one unit, doesn’t it?

1 Like

Best workflow currently is to use iTunes or your favorite DJ software for collection management, your favorite DJ software for track preparation (cues, loops, etx.) and third-party tool to prep your internal HD or external HD/USB-stick for use with the P4.

Just my 3 cents as usual.

1 Like