Playlistss not syncing to USB using "sync manager"

Hey guys, Not sure what I’m doing wrong but if I stick a freshly formatted USB into my Mac and, using the Sync Manager, “sync” one of my crates and my playlists over, the playlists never sync and I have to drag them over manually.

Any ideas what I am missing here?

I also notice the crate I “sync” is missing one track on my USB, but I have no way to tell for sure which one it is.

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 9.54.24 AM Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 9.54.30 AM

Not feeling terribly confident in this tool at the moment… :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Any missing tracks in your collection?

Works fine at my end, all the time.

You may want to rescan your library or try the reimport track information for the entire library.

If that doesn’t work, you may need to rebuild from scratch.

If only we had a filter so we could find them easily…

4 Likes

I agree, this shouldn’t have to be a guessing game. If there’s something wrong with my library then the software should tell me what the problem is. Perhaps a specific track is corrupt? Maybe an error log after syncing?

If I manually drag the same crate from my library to USB all 637 tracks reportedly make it. It’s only during “sync manager” syncing that 1 is missing, and zero of my playlists sync.

My Engine library is less than a year old, I would hope it’s not corrupt already (how? doing what?) and require a complete manual rebuild. I’ll just switch to Rekordbox at that point…

1 Like

With the old Denon DJ Music Manager, after syncing it would present you with a list of tracks that didn’t copy over, and why.

The artwork was too big. The bit rate was wrong. It named each track and gave you feedback.

2 Likes

Hmm yeah I don’t get any message or alert like this. Sync manager is still just completely ignoring my playlists though. Kind of annoying…

Hi dpaanlka, I got the same effect with my crates and the sync manager: the track count on the destination drive was always somewhat smaller than on the source EP drive. I decided to take some time to investigate which files were affected and found out the following:

I had a few cases where I (accidentally) had duplicates of the same track file in different subcrates. As the duplicates have been in different subcrates they were obviously hard to recognize. From my understanding the following happens: While using the sync manager, it iterates through your selected crates and starts to copy the related track files into the file structure on your destination. However, when sync manager gets to the subcrate on the source that contains the duplicate, i.e. a track file that it already finds on the destination (because it was already copied), it does not copy it again (or overwrites the first instance - I’m not sure). And this is exactly the reason why you have a smaller number of destination files: because your source crates somewhere contain duplicates. If you copy the files manually, the duplicates are of course copied also, so no difference between source and destination.

So, somewhere in your “Sorted” (sub)crates on your source you will have one duplicate file - I bet :slightly_smiling_face:. On my Windows laptop, I used Mp3Tag to spot the duplicate by sorting all involved track files of the underlying directory.

I’m having the exact opposite problem, sync manager works but I can’t just drag 1 playlist…

I need to sync all my crate + the 1 new playlist

-_-

Don’t use Sync Manager. Just drag and drop.

I would like to use the advertised features of the software.

I was replying to Meash, not you.

Regardless, the software has limitations. Sync Manager doesn’t really do what the name implies. It really only “syncs” in one direction, and doesn’t “manage” very much at all. Blame Denon.

You’re better off doing it manually. Sync Manager is not mature.