Playing from USB incredibly slow on SC6000

Maybe I’m doing something wrong but loading tracks from USB on my SC6000’s for the first time is incredibly slow. The songs have already been analyzed in the desktop software, it seems like they need to be analyzed again when loaded from USB - is that a thing? Once analyzed, it loads a bit fast but not by much to be honest. Here are some details on my setup:

• 2 x SC6000 running 3.3.0
  • 1850 mixer with 1.7
  • SC6000s connected to mixer via ethernet
  • 1850 connected to network via ethernet on a gigabit connection
  • 1k songs in my engine collection managed with the desktop software, also the latest
  • Collections and playlists exported to a SAMSUNG MUF-256AB/AM FIT Plus 256GB - 400MB/s USB 3.1 Flash Drive
  • 500GB drive installed in one of the SC6000s

Here’s a clip showing the load speed - https://imgur.com/a/UTtiDc6

what is the speed like loading from the SSD?

How is it formatted? Fat32 or exFat?

Did you use Sync Manager?

Is the second player reading from the same disk as well?

Could be that the 2nd player is still pulling info from the same disk.

you could test this hypothesis by trying to search for a track from the network player and see if its retrieving fast enough

If you load the same track from usb twice, does it load faster the second time ?

Hi Paintlaurent

The larger the music files the longer it takes to load plus from what you have said about your set up you only have one drive plugged into a SC6000 and they share the music via the link. As my music file are too large to share between the link I have two identical seagate drives so one to each player you may find this a big improvement if you do this. Also every time they add some fancy new feature to these decks you lose some internal working memory that slows things down a little more something I am not happy with.

Right now it’s the one USB connected to a 6000 that has a drive installed. The other is connected over network cable via the mixers internal hub. WiFi is turned off on both.

I saw that some folks mentioned a factory reset, which I did, and that seems to have helped a lot but that seems like a bandaid fix. I’ll give some of these things a go.

All that said, what is the best method? Should I have drives installed on both decks and have them synced to my library, managed on my laptop, regularly?