Playback output stops dead then waveforms stop dead

Having the issue of playing music for anywhere between 1 and 5 minutes, but during that time, the music will cutout completely and abruptly stop, waveforms will still be running for up to 15 seconds then also freeze completely. Running 1.3.2. Updated several times, also ran holding EJECT and let it sit there for an hour before turning it off. This ■■■■■ as you can imagine, unusable.

Deffo worth trying a different memory stick / usb stick.

The online markets are flooded with cheap deals on well known brands of usb stick, but they’re fake sizes, fake brands, fake chipsets. Some wil even be a 1gb card reporting to be an 8gb or even 64gb drive. You can imagine what mucked up performance results these piles of crap will give.

Also try some tracks that you’ve ripped off of an original CD yourself rather than over processed beatport files

Hello @Kitomoto, we’d like to assist you in figuring out your issues with your PRIME 4, but first we’d like to ask a few questions:

-What type of external memory source are you exporting these tracks to? (SSD, SD Card, Flash Drive)

-Is this issue happening with all of your songs, or just a few?

Samsung MUF-128AB/AM FIT Plus 128GB - 300MB/s USB 3.1 Flash Drive is what i use, I’ll try a different USB drive, and I’ll try some original songs, instead of my beatport tracks and get back to you… but tracks that I’ve played over and over again are also causing this problem.

Which usb socket did you put that usb3.1 device in ?

On the sc5000 and 5000 The front socket is usb 2 only. On a prime 4 I don’t know which sockets are usb 3 or 2 or what

Usb 3.1 drives are often said to be 3.0 backward compatible but other ain’t

Yes, I just searched the Prime 4 User Guide 1.2 and there is no mention whatsoever about the type of USB ports in the unit. I hope @Nekoro_DenonDJ can chime in and clarify, wether they are all USB 2.0, USB 3.0, USB 3.1, or some mix of them all.

All blue so at least 3.0

1 Like

The PRIME 4 USB ports are 3.0 ports, @cesarvog

1 Like

So i may have figured out what was wrong, I tried replaying a playlist i had already recorded, and the songs worked fine… It was this new batch of songs from JunoDownload that weren’t working…So I will try redownloading them and see what happens, I’ll let you know. Glad to know there’s hope, and thanks for the support so far!

Using the first USB slot from the left on Prime 4.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.