Play & cue button don’t work only with Tidal

The play and cue button (SC5000) don’t work when connected to Tidal. Everything functions normally when the source is a jump drive. When it’s on tidal the way the buttons light up and the phase meter above the waveform indicate the track is playing but the waveform isn’t moving and there is no sound. I can start the track with hot cues.

Since everything works fine if I switch the source it makes me think it’s a software bug. It’s really inconvenient i don’t know if anyone else has experienced this but I haven’t been able to find any info yet.

1 Like

Hey @djremad that doesn’t sound great, I would be keen to try and reproduce the issue if you can give me some more info.

• When you load the Tidal track are you seeing it’s track name, and waveform etc on the screen or does the track not load at all?
  • What tier of Tidal subscription do you have? Have you tried logging out, then back into Tidal on the device? Which quality setting do you have in place? (tap on the settings cog in the Tidal library view to see this)
  • Do you have a second SC5000 connected via network cable? Are you logged in to Tidal on both players?
  • When this issue happens are you able to use the beat jump buttons, touch the track overview to skip ahead, or move the platter to move through the song?
  • I saw that you said it works when triggering hot cues, do the cue and play buttons function after that?

Hope some of these questions will trigger something that will allow you to resolve the issue, if not I should be able to help you. (a short video of you reproducing this would be helpful too)

1 Like