Platter Touch Broken or just imperfect?

Hey, I wanted to ask if my jogwheel is broken or if it’s just the sensibility that is a little bit off.
Because sometimes I get the feeling the detection between a nudge or or push won’t be recognized.

I tried to start working in vinyl mode but then the problem just makes it worse.

I’ll try to make and upload a video of it on YouTube, but to describe it better, there is for example in beat grid edit mode the function to nudge the platter or to move the platter, one can shift the beat grid and the other moves the playhead through the track.
Similar in vinyl mode, where you can nudge to move like when vinyl mode is off or to scratch like you move a vinyl.
And this differencies won’t be recognized sometimes.

I tried with adjusting settings and calibration, but it didn’t help. Thanks in advance, I hope I don’t have to send it back to the manufacturer, but the device is brand new and the problem was from the beginning, but it’s not always happening, most of the time it works just fine and this is a no go if this happens when I’m in front of people or if I am recording a set I really like.

Moin @Towny_Drop,

Quick question: Did you remove the protective foil from the surface of the platters?

Good luck and brgds from HAM

BeatMaster

1 Like

The jog wheels are ‘capacitive’ touch so there are many factors that can impact the sensitivity of the platter. Things like the sole on your shoes or the surface you are stood on when mixing (think static electricity), or the condition of your hands and finger tips etc. Cold environments could also impact it with light condensation forming on the platters.

You didn’t mention which device specifically?

2 Likes

Yes I definitely did that.

1 Like

It’s the prime 4 plus, I did put this in the tags and the room is always between 19 and 21 Celsius degrees currently in winter.

Ah sorry, my fault as i never actually look at the tags.

What about the rest of it? is it free from static? are you stood on a carpet that could be causing it with no shoes on? or using shoes that can generate it?

I work in a Warehouse and used to drive around on a fork lift with nylon wheels, when i got off and grabbed a metal trolley to collect some stock i would get a pretty decent electric shock from it. If you translate that into our world, its not beyond the realms of possibility that a platter requiring a small electrical current from your hand to operate would be impacted by things in the environment.

I will try and figure that out, but since this happens to me when I am at home wearing no shoes I would think that’s unlikely, but next time this happens I’ll see if I can touch ground contacts of the wall socket and see if this makes a difference.

See id say that might make it more likely, if you have certain socks on, with polyester in for example, and a certain type of flooring its entirely possible the two are creating excessive static. Try some house shoes and see if it improves?

I only ever use mine at gigs or on hard vinyl flooring when im at home.

I will see and try around, when the problem occurs again and update here.

1 Like