Pitch up and down by itself

Hello,

In the video, like the right deck, the pitch doesn’t work. When it has to be at 0, the pitch is higher.

And when it’s stopped, the pitch goes up and down by itself.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Have a forum search for “soft takeover”

“soft takeover” . :smiley:

It’s the way that almost every hardware device which has auto-sync functions re-unites the physical pitch control to the virtual pitch value. The primes go a step further than a lot of devices by having the Green LED arrows at the top and bottom of the pitch control. If the up arrow is lit, it means you’ve got to push the pitch control up up up to re-unite the physical pitch control with the current pitch the playing track has been software-pitched up to.

Guys, watch the readout on his screen when he moves the fader. It’s jumping around all over the place, between + and - figures, even though he’s only moving the fader in the - range.

IMO that’s a faulty pitch fader.

1 Like

Thanks PKtheDJ, that’s what I was going to say.

Even though the fader is off, the BPM continues to vary by itself.

So has it gone bad? From one day to the next, without playing anything, and only the right deck, the left is fine.

PK, you are right, corrected.

is the track grid constant? or is “elastic”? If the latter, it could be that the bpm adapts by itself to the varying bpm of the track. Is this the case??

If the track is not playing then elastic pitch grid will not have any affect on the bpm readout. The tempo readout always shows current bpm, not a bpm that will be or was. So when he stops moving the fader, the bpm should not move as well. I have 3 options here that can be happening from the observation of this video.

1. Broken pitch fader.

2. Lag in the software - causes slower bpm re-calculation, and shows up on the display with a delay. I would try to re-install Engine OS.

3. BPM sync with another device. Maybe ableton link session or just sync with other deck on the prime go? And some janky bpm re-calculation that’s trying to re-sync bpm with another tempo source…?

1 Like

@eDJbcn did you have sync engaged when you shot the video?

I think the correct answer is point 1.

The left deck works perfectly, with the same track. It’s just the right. I’ll go repair it.

@mufasa , no, I didn’t have the sync engaged.

Have you tried the usual stuff, reloading firmware, blowing compressed air?

Yes! I reloading anb blowing…

Does the GO have instant doubles? Occasionally, that’s done weird stuff to pitch in the background, but otherwise I agree your problem does indeed seem like possibly a pitch fader issue if it persists on the same fader.

Yes, it’s the pitch fader. I have cleaned it 2 times, and the second time, it seems that it already works better… You have to avoid dust outside! Since I use it a lot outside.