Peripheral did not come online during boot

I’m having an issue where I get a message that says “The following peripheral did not come online during boot Mixer()”. I get the option to update firmware and have done that countless times, but I’m stuck where I can load tracks and everything, but the track doesn’t play or skip to hot cues etc. I’ve downgraded to 1.6 firmware, problem still exists… went to 2.0.0, nope… 2.0.1, still no… back to 1.6, nope. The play and cue buttons respond but the track doesn’t play. I’ve taken the internal drive out, the SD card out… problem still persists. I am currently living in Costa Rica and am up a creek without a paddle currently. Please help!

I had this around 5 or 6 times on my Prime 4 when I first had it two years ago. It went away on its own.

I think the service centre is the only way forward if it is constantly doing it, I’m afraid.

Thank you. In the ‘about’ section it won’t load a mixer driver… I have left and right displays and controller, but no mixer… I swear I’ve done every combination of firmware updates etc.

I’m so sorry. It could be the chip that holds the mixer firmware failing.

I had the weird occurrence mostly when I took my Prime 4 into work. It was either the environment (electrical outlet etc) or when it was carried into work it was moved and something on the board didn’t make connection.

Since then, it has been used to gig in different places and environments but mostly at home. The chip that holds the mixer firmware could be freaking out. Try moving the unit to a different power outlet snd see if that helps. Power can be a big factor so a good constant source is key. If not, there could be a plug or cable off inside the unit or a dry joint on the board. This would mean a service. Worst case would be the mixer control surface chip has failed.