People who have downgraded from Prime 2 to 1.6.x - does the library still work?

Hi Folks

Just bought the Prime 4, love it, but the waveform drift issue is REALLY frustrating when you’re trying to get to grips with a new bit of kit. So I’m thinking of downgrading to 1.6.2

I’ve got an internall SSD with approx 10,000 tracks on it, took around 8 hours to get there.

So for people who’ve downgraded - do I have to set aside abother 8 hours for it to redo my library, or does the 2.0 library continue to work with 1.6.2 ?

Thanks a lot

I advise you to wait: this problem is a high priority and will be resolved shortly.

The 2.0 library is NOT compatible with the 1.6.2 software so anything that has been done on the 2.0 library will not be read by the old firmware.

When the conversion from database 1 to database 2 was made the copy of the old database was kept (if you have not deleted it), so with software 1.6.2 you will be able to read that previous database. But if you have added tracks in database 2 you will not be able to see them with software 1.6.2.

Thank you @DjAj

Starting again it is then. sigh

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.