One SC6000m keeps disconnecting from MacBook remote library & the other player's SSD

Hi all,

Hope you can help.

One of my SC6000m’s (player 2) keeps disconnecting from my MacBook while using the remote library over WiFi, and, also it keeps disconnecting from the other player (player 1) source internal SSD which is connected by the provided ethernet cables. Both players connected to the X1850 ethernet hub.

IMG_5798

Any ideas?

PS - tried the 10-second power button hard reset but same issue.

Thanks.

Sorry that this is happening :(.

Could I ask you to try only the wired connection and see how things go?

Also, try the wireless side next. It’s likely the wireless signal is dropping, though that should (in ideal situations) have no affect on the wired connection.

As a general step for troubleshooting, isolating specific components / features is the best method.

Wifi is a good tool, but not the best from my experience and wired is rock solid. There are just soooooo many variables with wifi that I never found it worth it, imho.

I don’t use streaming to DJ, so my experience with Wifi on these players is pretty limited, though these general rules around Wifi exist across other dimensions w/ computers. Example is you generally don’t want to do video streams using WIFI for this very reason – a hard-wired connection is always the most stable as it’s less likely that RF interference (among other things) would reduce performance.

E.g. bypass the mixer and connect the players directly to test access to SSD

3 Likes