Onboard FX - Awesome. Feathering/tails would be nice though

Hey there Engine Team.

Really love the touch FX, completely killed the desire to waste $ on a new mixer with them onboard. Only complaint is they are far too ON/OFF.

Any chance that you can introduce feathering? The filter delays and echoes sound great, while you are using them. As soon as you take your finger off everything just kicks back in. That is fundamentally not how delays and echo are supposed to work.

Surely it can’t be too hard for you to implement delay/echo/reverb tails so that the effect slowly washes out like it should? Trying to rely on EQ is far too hard.

Otherwise really great add.

3 Likes

You haven’t mentioned which hardware you’re using? As the onboard FX can give you that functionality on most of the devices.

Stu, I think the idea is not to have both dry+wet fade out but just the wet to seamlessly blend into the dry signal when he releases the touch fx from the screen.

From his post we can assume that he has a SC5000 or SC6000 with a no fx mixer (oh you xone 92/96 guys)

1 Like

Agreed, I still think it would be useful to include their device in the initial request, as there are other options on say the standalone units to get that result.

Yes, poor form. Should have noted that I have both SC5/6000.

1 Like