Numark's Mixstream Pro running on Engine OS

It’s half the price of the Go, but has bigger jogs (which is where the Go is very limited IMO) and onboard speakers, which I think make it better than the Go for outdoor music.

Get yourself a battery pack with USB-C Power Delivery, and a “smart” cable that will instruct the battery to provide 12V, and you have a nice solution.

Is the NS7 version fun too? Lol

Inmusic is gonna saturate the market with engine dj.

2 Likes

I agree that the mic input is a slight downer but not the booth. You can use the RCA out for booth monitors (all monitors will have own volume). I think this Numark is a great backup option to the P4 & notably cheaper than the Prime Go - especially when you consider that hopefully the need to use your backup would never arise.

I couldn’t imagine using this as a back up for a pro-level event. I would recommend that any back up equipment is either the same level or close to the level of your main equipment.

I have the Prime 4 but am looking for a backup - which was going to be the Prime Go.

Still could be… but this Numark has got me thinking because it is a good £400 cheaper & bearing in mind a backup will hardly (& hopefully, never) be needed, it seems a good move. Of course, it won’t be up to the level of the P4 but it should be good enough to see out the night (& plus some) in the event of a P4 breakdown whilst your main system is being repaired/replaced.

The only real issue is the poor mic control but I’m not a frequent mic user & so I’m cool with that :grin::microphone:

We need to see the Go vs Mixstream in a head to head :sunglasses:

Having no EQ on the mic isn’t necessarily an issue if you use the right mic.

I’ve heard bad mic sound on the Go, but also really good clear mic sound - so good I enquired about the mic being used. This mic works great with the Go (as used by Bruce Springsteen!)

3 Likes

Seems a reasonably priced mic too.

I’m steering towards the Numark as a backup. Looks quite fun & as you said earlier, probably more portable than the Go with the added speakers (for fun aspect around friends). Many people using software & laptops will have tablets & phones as a backup & so all things considered, I think you can’t go wrong with the Numark. All that is needed in addition would be to throw in an additional power cable & an xlr-trs mic lead (I use xlr to xlr on the P4).

1 Like

Hello everyone ! have you seen the news of numark mixstream pro? with engine dj on board, since I have a first 4, I would like to have a smaller backup console for smaller events such as aperitifs or smaller parties then a console like this would be very useful! but I would like to know if others will come out with engine dj so as not to make a hasty purchase! if anyone has any rumors about new products with engine dj I’d like to know so to wait or take the new numark!

Maybe some Stanton products will come out soon, also featuring Engine.

Seeing Engine on multiple “first time DJing” brands would be a great idea.

Don’t forget there’s ION also. Lol.

1 Like

Rane also would be neat

2 Likes

I have a seasoned DJ friend that was looking at the Prime GO and let her use mine, she’s sick of hauling a MBP and Pioneer controller to club and festival gigs. She loved the Prime GO but didn’t like the EQ layout on the Prime GO and it’s wasn’t enough to make her move from a Pioneer controller and laptop.

I sent her the Mojaxx review and has placed an order online for the Mixstream Pro. If anyone is poo-pooing this unit as “entry bedroom DJ and weak speakers” you’re wrong, the speaker idea is useful, it’s great for mobile and club/festival events. At the end of the day NO ONE CARES what you use except other DJs, and they don’t pay the rent.

3 Likes

You mentioned the Mojaxx review, but did you watch it? He poo-pooed on it. Watch it again. This is entry level from build, to sound quality, to flexibility on effects, etc. More power to your friend if she can get away with it but personally I wouldn’t make it my go-to to pay rent. I guarantee that they were some cost-cutting measure implemented to get it to this price point.

Nadszedł czas by wrócić do Numarka :slight_smile: Redirecting... Po co płacić tyle pieniędzy skoro można mieć Standalone DJ Systems za tak smieszne pieniądze :slight_smile: Widzę że jesteśmy totalnie oszukiwani przez właścicieli denon, numarak i rane…

Quote “This thing is absolutely staggering for the money” - that doesn’t sound like poo-pooing to me.

Of course something has to give when the unit is half the price of the Go, but that doesn’t make it worthless.

2 Likes

and on the display it shows the name of the cue points as we are asking to have on the Prime 4, but for now we have not yet managed to obtain! :frowning_face: :slightly_frowning_face:

That’s done in Engine desktop, but I can check here.

1 Like

Well, ‘poo-poo’ is a bit strong I’ll admit. I do think the Mixstream Pro is a great board…for beginners. If you’re on a budget than it makes sense. If one is serious about their craft, I advise making the investment in a professional level board. Not for looks, but to ensure that you have to what it takes to get the job done without limitations or concerns.

Like this? You can do it in Engine desktop & name the loops

I think this is a great move from InMusic.

This isn’t going to be for everyone, however I could see this being more fun to mix on than my Prime Go, but clearly not as well built. Throw in an omni 20 powerbank (for 12v DC) pop it on a table/kitchen worktop/your lap and have fun.

The speakers look similar to those used on the Akai MPC Live 2.

The sharing of tech from Denon, Numark, Akai and Rane can only be a good thing and the fact that not only has Engine 2.0 launched, but they also incorporated it into a new piece of hardware, the team has clearly been very busy.

2 Likes