⚠ Notice: macOS Ventura Compatibility

come on denon hurry up what people are crying here ! denon are ordering you to upgrade it’s law!! you have to do it immediately otherwise two or three will go to pioneer !!! hahahaha!! if it were up to me I would apply a rule in the forum, if you don’t prove that you have a Denon product you cannot write and be part of the forum!!! so you went to pioneer , you can not comment anymore !!!

2 Likes

You call FAT32 formated external drives not being recognized “without any critical bugs”?

Interesting…

This was for Serato, Rekordbox, Ableton Live and other tools, NOT for Engine DJ. What do you think I push for an update here? Denon is way behind, not even offering a public beta 2 months after a critical bug has been not only discovered (that happened way earlier internnaly) but went live for all users who updated the OS.

Denon does not publish betas. I think they did a public beta only once, couple of years ago.

2 Likes

I just want to add, as a Serato user and forum member, their latest version sounds like an utter mess so i guess its not all greener grass over there as some would like to think… i wouldnt install it on my computer even if you were paying me to, given the issues being reported.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

Engine DJ v2.4.0 is now available and brings official support for Apple Silicon chipsets and macOS Ventura. Thank you for your patience.

11 Likes

Can confirm New 2.4.0 Update working well with my M1 Macbook Pro, Ventura and my Prime 4. Used USB Update Tool. Thank you Denon!

4 Likes

are you done crying now? Or do you want other things?

2 Likes

He could at least acknowledge the change and thank them for implementing it, i know its impossible for these people to be positive about anything but common courtesy should apply here.

6 Likes

Well, cry baby mode off? Or there will be another major thing to complain about… These people are never satisfied…

5 Likes

Many thanks JWill for the update :+1:

1 Like

Not sure how I feel about these last messages. It’s a thin line between teasing and bullying.

Let’s keep it friendly guys.

4 Likes

The guy has been raging for a month, calling them every name under the sun, telling us all it’s impacting their business model.

The least they can do is grow a pair and accept the update and thank the company for doing it. Otherwise it’s safe to assume it was just trolling, as refusing to be positive is classic symptoms.

2 Likes

Before I congratulate someone for a successful patch/update/release, I test things. As you can imagine, I will not drop everything on a Monday to run test the new update. It is on the Prime 4 and currently running on auto to check stability while I do other stuff. This is for the hardware update. And Engine DJ on the Macbook with Ventura and M1 is running now, it did detect the drive (so that issue is fixed). Did not dive deep into the software with big exports, massive analyze requests etc. So far it is stable, that does not reverse the fact that Denon chose to implement the fix into a massive update instead of releasing a separate hotfix for the issue (without any of the remaining performance or functionality updates we got, just a pure hotfix). 2 months is a very long time. With other broken software we expect a day1 patch and usually get it, if the day1 patch takes a week or longer - the community is furious for a good reason.

Just so we’re clear, you’re still not thanking them for the update?

1 Like

Correct, I did not had a chance to fully test it yet. The parts that have been tested are working fine, the rest will follow over the next days. And do not get me wrong, this is an expected update. I would thank them if they had hotfixed the issue 2 months ago with a separate hotfix as suggested, in that case it would be clearly visible that they care about critical bugs and put the highest priority on stability, instead of letting people sit there for 2 months without a fix, turning their software into a useless media player on the latest Apple OS update for so long. I am thankful for the fullscreen beatgrid editor, the removal of the less used and tricky effects like scratch and the other parts (functionality update), but I still think bugs deserve a separate hotfix/patch outside of the regular updates that include other functionality/performance updates. Stability is king in that business, nobody wants to have issues during a set or even during the preparation of the set. I do not mind waiting a few more months for the beatgrid editor or other cool things, but for bugfixes - the patience is measured in hours, not days or weeks. Or even months like here.

FWIW, I don’t understand the route Apple is taking the last few years. Every major update seems to break compatibility with previously supported software and hardware simply by kinda deadlining other companies to act. I understand it when moving to 64bit or their own chipset, but still.

Microsoft went the opposite route of course, but since Gates and Ballmer left the company, they’re doing a better job in several ways, IMHO.

Adding to this, I’m tempted to close this topic before the timeout, as I feel Mufasa is right on this.

“Thank you” can be done on the 2.4.0 release topic. :facepunch:t2::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming… the classic behaviour of a troll, refusing to accept anything good has been done whilst doubling down on your opinions, despite facing criticism for your behaviour. We suspected it all along and you just confirmed it.

2 Likes

As explained, I do care about the stability first and putting a company into the spotlight that lets a critical bug there sit for 2 months is good. You can think of me what you want. I own a Prime 4, this is a pretty expensive unit and I expect that the software that was paid together with the unit is 100% stable on every OS that it was released for. Feature updates can wait, stability can’t. Thread can be closed, we have the release topic.

1 Like