Newbie to SoundSwitch for Prime 4 Question

Here is my question. I can’t seem to find any direct answer to my question/s. I have recently decided to use the SoundSwitch functioning on my Prime 4. I have the SoundSwitch Dongle and my 3 Months Trial Software loaded on my laptop. All that is setup and I went and Autoscripted some tracks and then saved them on to a USB flashdrive. I had to hookup the Soundswitch on the top USB port because my 3 and 4 USB have my LC6000’s connected in those. I got it all so that I can use is on my Prime 4. I am currently using some cheap Chinese U’King 8x10w Spider Lights. I was wondering, can I use that some program that was Autoscripted for the tracks on the USB Flash Drive, for tracks I have in the SSD internal on my Prime 4 or is it just for those tracks on the USB Flash Drive. Furthermore, how can I use that Soundswitch program that is saved for like tracks from Beatport? Or does it work for all, just not autoscripted for the individual tracks? I know, lots of questions. I’m trying to figure out how I can use this so I don’t have to go into the software for Soundswitch on my laptop too often. Do I have to use the USB Flash Drive or could I save the Soundswitch autoscript to the SSD on the Prime 4? Thank you for your time and I hope this all made sense. I do have the Chauvet Gigbar 2 coming to me next week so I will have a better lighting system than the cheap Chinese Spider Lights.

Hi Chaz,

I wanted to share some information with you regarding Engine Lighting. There is a guide available that can help answer some of your questions. You can find it at the following link: https://support.soundswitch.com/hc/en-us/articles/12657685755277-Getting-Started-with-Engine-Lighting

If you want to use the same scripted show you created on a USB drive, but on the internal drive of your hardware instead, you’ll need to transfer both the audio file and the SoundSwitch project from the USB drive to the internal SSD.

The reason for this is that when you create a scripted or autoscripted track on SoundSwitch, it attaches specific metadata to that exact audio file, linking it to the scripted track. That’s why you need to transfer the exact audio file from the USB drive to the internal drive.

Currently, when using streaming tracks, SoundSwitch only supports Autoloops. Streaming tracks are not fully supported at the moment.

I hope this clears things up for you. Let me know if you have any more questions!

2 Likes

hey the link does not work, but I hope you could help OP since he didn’t answer

@Towny_Drop updated link: Getting Started with Engine Lighting : SoundSwitch

And a video:

1 Like