New sc6000 doa

After researching and reading and then finally finding a unit ( which I was sent the wrong one anyways - ordered a M and got a regular )

I power the unit on and get a glitchy screen.

I think the universe is trying to tell me something here. I get that things happen but boy oh boy it happens more often with tech.

The unit responds to button presses but obviously the screen isn’t legible. No firmware updates just took it out and plugged it in and turned it on.

Hey @Nils

If you power it on while holding Media Eject + Source + Layer… Does it boot into update mode?

I scoured the forums for that startup sequence, it does work and looks like it is in update mode, I think but you can’t read anything on the screen as the display is fragmented.

Have you tried taking the plastic screen protector off?

If possible could you send a video of what you are seeing

I did, and here’s a video.

Well it won’t let me cause it’s too big. At 6.4mb but the cap is 11 on the forums.

Had to clip it down to a second… for it to upload

Doesn’t look good… All white leds and center screen show blue, but that could be the camera.

Even the screen protector didn’t look good.

2 Likes

This was my first clue that this likely was a returned unit. :weary:

Yeah this looks like a DOA for the second or third person…

Definitely one to send back. The fact they sent the wrong item in the first place isn’t great.

Hey thanks for this video - This looks like a hardware issue.

Could you please contact Support | Engine DJ and explain the issue.

Send it back. You paid for an M model which are more expensive.

Yeah someone pulled a fast one and I inherited it. It’s not a M like I ordered and the screen protector as mentioned isn’t right so someone swapped something.

Ok well the search continues and now back to return this lump.

Thanks for the help and assistance on this everyone.

Hey again @Nils

Could you give us a little more information about the purchase of this unit.

Where did this unit come from (ie Sweetwater, GC, etc?)

Thanks again and sorry about the issue.

Doesn’t matter if it’s working or not - you ordered an M, they sent you a non-M.

I’d say that as the retailer who you ordered the item from, sent the wrong item, so they need to replace it.

Sure thing,

I purchased it new from Amazon.

It happened to one of those Saturday mornings where you get an email saying “you might like this” and I figured I had waffled for so long about upgrading my very old and frustrating to use system.

I said why not, plus the Mrs said she had enough of my griping about all my tech issues and said “I’ve not heard one peep from you when using the Force compared to the Maschine so go for it” and so I did.

Admittedly my Force was also purchased new, direct from Amazon, no 3rd party sellers. That purchase also had issues ( lesson learned now ) where they shipped it out in the open and someone played soccer with the box but a higher up rep reached out and it got sorted with a properly packaged and delivered unit which I love!

It’s gotten tough to find this stuff now, I find, it’s either astronomically marked up ( from its initial release years back ) now a days or just not in stock at all.

In any case I thank everyone for taking a second to offer advice and help. I sincerely do appreciate it.

4 Likes

Bloody Amazon… Nightmare.

Id say stick to mail order from an authorised seller, or drive to one yourself if you’re able… at least then you have all the proper warranty and guarantees.

Maybe worth holding off for a few months and see if anything is in the pipeline, a lot of people are convinced there are new models coming.

1 Like

Well I will say. At least it’s easy (honestly too easy) to send stuff back to Amazon. But then yes, please order from an authorized Denon dealer! Sorry for your not-so-great first experience on this. I promise it’s worth it! : ) Good luck!

2 Likes

Also thanks to you for jumping in and trying to help!

1 Like

How would most folks know to purchase from an authorized dealer?

Purchasing from Amazon and sold by Amazon is no different ( as long as you avoid the sold by some other company through Amazon ) than purchasing from another major retailer? How on earth would Amazon have new units for sale unless they got them from Denon?

Amazon is also apparently an authorized dealer ( I looked it up after your post )