New option “Active loop“ on Denon DJ prime go

It would be great if, with the next update, Denon added a new feature called “active loop”. According to a comment in similar discussions, someone mentioned that they can’t do it because they didn’t create a separate physical button for this feature on the Denon DJ Prime Go device. However, it’s not necessary, as the device already has a button for this function called the “Loop” button :slight_smile: It just needs to be programmed. For an example: by pressing the “loop” button multiple times, users can activate all three loop modes: “manual loop“, “auto loop“, and the new “active loop“. Alternatively, it could be activated by pressing the “shift” button along with the “auto loop” encoder. What do you think?

Could this posts title be edited so that it doesn’t sound like a feature announcement

I think there’s already a feature request for this though

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Yes, there have been requests for over 3 years since this device was released. Maybe no one needs this feature… I know its funny, but it’s software matter, requiring programming or writing code to enable a particular function or feature.

You’re better off then just adding one of your user votes to the original idea/request. The problem with duplicating a request to try and get it noticed, is that duplicate requests then dilute the votes between two or more requests, instead of all the votes going onto one request, making it look "íiiju I uuuuuuuu

You know, sometimes you meet someone who doesn’t speak the exact words you wanted to hear; sometimes it seems like you’ve heard something similar before. But essentially, you agree with their idea, even if it annoys you. Then you stop and think, maybe it’s still your problem and you need to solve it yourself. So, please use this advice and tolerate the opinions of others… Thank you for your opinion.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, we’ll tolerate you here.

You’ll be better with one request with 30 votes on it, than 3 duplicate requests with 10 votes on each. Especially when it’s considered that some of the firmware requests for entirely different features have over 100 votes each.

The Go does support active loops however you cant set a loop as an active loop on the device, you need to do it in Engine or on another player. They should really add a way to do this on the go.