New firmware update coming for January?

I’ve spotted 1.3 being beta tested in the wild - me thinks somethings coming!!! Hoping sooner rather than later!!

3 Likes

Oooooh. Do tell

Not sure what’s on it, but I saw a photo with someone using an SC5K with version 1.3 on it that they were testing. No other details unfortunately.

It does confirm that something’s coming though. Hoping for high end roll off & pitch resolution increase!

4 Likes

The problem if it’s beta we will not see this before 1 month or two

Mmmyeah… depends on when they started it though. I just saw it’s happening but no idea how long they’ve been doing it for…

Sooo nothing new for the SC5000 and the X1800 for the Namm Show I’m a little disappointed guys :tired_face:

Do you know that for a fact? It’s still super early. I know Denon DJ’s resources must be stretched with the admirably ambitious Prime4 but suuurely there will be announcements for the rest of the Prime ecosystem

Soundswitch/Stagelinq stuff at least and hopefully big Engine improvements - both firmware and software

I’m really hoping for a 2 channel Prime mixer to pair with the SC5000m for a compact setup

It hasn’t started yet this morning! Patience! :slight_smile:

Plus they might space announcements throughout the day so they don’t get lost in the jumble and of course their focus will be the prime 4. They gotta pump that up as much as possible. But yeah. Show hasn’t started yet so no worries!

I know we’re all excited though!!

1 Like

You are right mate but with the teasing from our friends @Reese i’m really impatient

1 Like

I 100% understand! :stuck_out_tongue:

Guess we won’t have an update during NAMM…

But I prefer them really getting it right this time :stuck_out_tongue:

I think everyone at the InMusic brands are just very busy before and after NAMM and ISE2019. Waiting is hard. We all know that…

NAMM just started yesterday and hasn’t even started today yet - don’t be so quick to say!

: )

Buuuuuuuuuuut, saying this. I’m sure there has been an internal struggle on whether to release the update BEFORE the Prime 4 ships as not to overshadow any of its initial strengths over the current SC5000 firmware.

Releasing the firmware update now (when ready off course) to the flagship club setup equipement would make the prime4 even more of a good deal for bedroom or mobile gigs imo.

And if we would find room for improvement there is time before the actual release of the beast!

1 Like

Either way… WE ARE READY!!! :joy:

3 Likes

Very true, but then again it’s unlikely they’re holding it back :wink:

I expect the new firmware with the release of Prime 4. Assuming shared development, it wouldn’t make sense to write ‘old’ firmware for the Prime 4 and soon afterwards replace it with ‘new’ firmware. So when the Prime 4 is ready, the update should be ready.

Maybe someone at NAMM can check out the Prime 4? If it still has the loop bug, it should be running the old Engine Prime.

1 Like

saw a video of the prime 4, there are a lot of features that i hope carry over, creating playlist and crates on the unit was a big one for me, looked like there is alot of new effects on the unit, but i can see those not carrying over right away. Also it featured key changing and some other goodies. Hopefully all the features carry to the rest of the prime family.

2 Likes

YES, what you described will be features in the next update, as we heard from @JWiLL

1 Like