New Feature Request Voting Process 2021

Hi Everyone,

As you know, we at Denon DJ and Engine DJ encourage and embrace product feedback from our users. A little over three years ago, we created designated areas for product feature request topics and asked users to ‘like’ the original post to express their own desire for said feature. While this system has worked reasonably well, it fails to clearly communicate what features are most important to our users.

User feedback and collaborative discussions are essential for evolving our products and strengthening our community. That is why, in the coming days, we will be rolling out a new token based voting system that will streamline the voting process and increase overall visibility of the most desired features.

Here is a summary of how the new token-based Feature Request system will work.

• Each user will be awarded 10 tokens. Tokens can be used to vote on various requests within the Feature Request category.

• When a vote is made, a token is removed from the total number of available tokens.

• A post/request can be voted on only once per user.

• To vote on a post/request, simply click the vote box to the left of the topic name. The number in the vote box represents the total number of votes from all users.

• A vote token can be removed from a post/request at any time by clicking the vote box again and clicking the x Remove vote dialog.

• Once the feature has been implemented, the vote token is returned to the user automatically, however, the number of total votes remain locked into the thread for archiving purposes.

• Personal vote token usage can be viewed and tracked at any time in your Preferences > Activity > Votes.

As part of this change, we will be wiping the slate clean to give everyone a fresh start and ensure that feature requests are made based on what your products offer today. Don’t worry, all previous feature request threads have been archived and will be available if you’d like to recreate a new request with existing information. When doing this, please be sure to review previous request details to be sure the specifics of that request align with the state of your product today.

Please note: During this transition, the current Feature Request area, threads and voting will be unavailable until the new system is in place.

As always, thank you for your continued support. We’re excited to continue building tools that make DJing and performing more enjoyable for all DJs.

26 Likes

Perfect! !

So when someone has voted for 9 ideas already, and likes 2 other ideas, they’re going to have to really really think carefully about which ideas are the MOST important to them.

4 Likes

You get it! :sunglasses:

I think I suggested it lol

Can’t you take the top 5 (or so) requested fixes and give them a head start with Denon company tokens? They already have more votes for a reason.

7 Likes

Most of the top requests are already on or list for future dev work :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to apply tokens without a user account voting for the thread. This is a great limitation, though, as it prevents anyone from tampering with the vote count.

I have gone ahead and recreated the top 10 requests to give contributors a bit of a head start and an example to follow.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a bummer we have to start again.

Moving the goal post at half-time :sweat_smile:

1 Like

We were on the fence on this one, so let’s see what the community prefers. :slight_smile:

• Create New Requests (Clean start to a new system/process)
  • Vote on Existing Requests (migrate all previous feature requests to new area)

0 voters

Just note that ‘likes’ of from the existing requests will not represent the votes. Since we have a proper vote system in place, will be using that value for reviewing.

If some requests are already on the list to be implemented, then it would be better not to put them on the list to be voted: it would be a useless wasted vote.

Furthermore, it would also be correct if you can write which functions you want to implement: all this could calm the most rebellious spirits of unhappy users because they have been requesting some functions for some years without having achieved anything. Maybe seeing that a certain function will be inserted, they could relax and wait. :smiley:

11 Likes

I agree on @DjAj … a clear and concise roadmap of bugfixes and requests implementations would be a great improvement. Is not necessary to be 100% accurate, but give us an idea of what is happening under the hood.

8 Likes

I agree 100%. Almost everyone would wait patiently if they know what they’re waiting for and when it will be happening (more or less accurate of course).

4 Likes

OK, we will wait … But I think your responsiveness is a little bit about improvements that should have been incorporated from the design of your product. There are therefore no urgent evolutions and essential evolutions … It’s up to you to make the difference.

English please we are not a french forum

Alalala les français pour s’exprimer en anglais ça fait pas deux

2 Likes

Google is your friend​:joy::rofl::joy:

While some features may be on our list, we would still like to understand the importance of each feature today. That is where the votes come into play.

Development roadmaps are confidential and not something that we or other tech companies share publicly.

3 Likes

Makes total sense not to announce what unique/revolutionary features Denon is working on so market competitors cannot copy or disrupt.

However I would think it possible and beneficial to give advance notification to users about requests concerning existing features which need modification/fixing to ensure proper usability or for features which the competition already provide.

For example: letting the users know that Denon is working on providing a “relocate missing files” option or something to fix the underlying issue. Iirc this is one of the most liked feature requests, but users still have no way of knowing if Denon has heard its customers and is going to respond.

Or something like “We’re exploring ways to enable full grid and bpm editing on media players and mobile units. We recognize this a highly requested feature. ETA is unknown.”

2 Likes

Apologies, but I am not at liberty to confirm features, fixes, or improvements currently in development.

I can assure you that we are listening, and working to enhance our products every day. We hope that our communication and regular (free) updates to our platforms demonstrate that commitment/effort.

Jumping back on topic, I’ve closed the poll. As decided by the majority, we will move forward with a clean slate. We should have the new Feature Request area open soon.

Thanks again for all the feedback!

4 Likes

Dear @JWiLL , good day to you.

I just read the new procedure for “New Feature Request …” and I have two short questions to make shure that I understood properly the new procedure:

• All pending request’s are invisible at the moment
  • Pending users’ requests must be posted again, when the new procedure is running properly

E.g.: I’m missing my request dated 26. Oct. 2021 (I can’t find it anywhere): “Flexible Beatgrid —> Ability to set a manual downbeat”.

Pls. be so kind as to advise.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day

Brgds

BeatMaster

1 Like

Due to the above, it won’t matter that your original request isn’t visible currently, will it? You just post the request again, when the new voting system is operational