New efx for x1850 prime

Dear Denon, In music… where are the new 20+ effects in the high end mixer? you put them in the PRIME GO, in the SC LIVE2… while the X1850 mixers are stopped at 1.7V!!! I was expecting a 1.8V with new effects…. I am very disappointed!

3 Likes

You don’t see that the new effects are embedded in the Engine OS? X1800/1850 does not work on the Engine OS.

That doesn’t really feel like a good excuse for not adding the new effects to the mixer you know? It makes those of us who use larger system feel as if we’re being left out in the cold a little bit.

3 Likes

… a simple update was enough… and it has been demonstrated that the prime x18 series can be updated… and since it communicates with the ENGINE system… it is no coincidence that it has a dedicated button… the update also had to be done on the TOP products of the range… not only in entry level products….

1 Like

Engine OS or not, the x1800 and x1850 can accept new fx by firmware - that’s been proved before, with InMusic adding several new fx to the x18 range.

With the ability to add fx to the x18 range, I’m hoping that at least some of the new “Main fx” do indeed get added to the flagship mixer in a future, albeit separate firmware update.

3 Likes

A few of these new Engine OS effects came from the Rane units that have them embedded in their mixer firmware. It would be nice to throw a few into the X18xx mixers like stutter out and pitch down etc.

2 Likes

I would agree the prime 4 + and its standalone siblings seem to get priority of late little is said about the media players or mixer and denon themselves do not make reference in their recent promo material of the new update and how it works on the media players.

1 Like

You’re right, and it seems a shame that the flagship mixer, indeed currently Denon DJs only standalone mixer (eg: not embedded in a console) is seemingly left out of updates.

I can easily guess that there are less users worldwide of the x18 / x1850 mixers compared to the Prime4, Prime2 etc , so I can see why the all-in-one consoles were included - but it would still be nice to see the flagship remembered.

For sure there needs to be a new firmware update bringing the x1850 up to speed with the prime 4.

1 Like

step by step by step by step… inMusic devlopers are only humans too… No witchcraft, no spells, no woodoo… just lines of code… this takes time!!!

2 Likes

Denon just need to assure those of us with media players and mixers that we are not being ignored a pair of sc6000s and x1850 is far more expensive than a prime 4 + and Denon has not said themselves they are not developing for older prime products but the lack of communication coupled with the focus on the p4+ does create some worries

2 Likes

Your SC players have been updated. Let’s not forget that.

Yes they have and that is great the point is around how much more can be done with the players and mixer given they do not have the same chip set as the sc live 4 and p4+ lots of talk of stems being the next big step (no idea but cannot rule it out) its whether the older primes will be able to have what the newer gear has (hopefully they will) or are we starting to see a separation of features for certain products which DDJT was referring to in their review of the P4+

Well, we’ve been seeing regular updates and improved features to ALL models across the range so far, including the 6yr old Prime 4 and SC5000. Im sure they will continue to receive other improvements where possible, but realistically there comes a time where they have to take a back seat for some other changes.

As far as these devices go, there hasn’t ever been a piece of DJ equipment that has seen such improvements prior to this, so im not sure what the bechmark for expectation is here? given the prime series are essentially setting the benchmark as of now.

So i think the best attitude to have here is to be thankful that first generation tech has continued to be supported but to temper expectations that it will be fully supported forevermore.

1 Like

Credit to Denon for the ongoing support and updates I am not sure if Pioneer updates are as often I guess we shall see how they do with the Opus Quad, of course there will be limits to older products the fact the 5000s are still able to handle the current updates does reflect how far ahead of their time the players were. There will of course be updated media players to replace the sc6000s but I was hoping maybe 18-months to two years away, I just hope that updates for both the sc6000s and x1850 mixer continue as previously mentioned it would be helpful to have some clarity from Denon certainly by the time the new feature for the p4+ is revealed.

2 Likes

Back in the days, if you wanted new pioneering features (1 more hot cue for example or better looping options), You had to literally buy a whole new dj set… Denon nailed it with SC5000’s. These decks still hold their ground against CDJ3000’s.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure the Engine Software is not embedded into the x18xx mixers like the media players and AIO’s.

But that would be a great idea for the next iteration of the x line of mixers. Basically break out the mixer section of the prime 4 with the screen and embedded software.

That would essentially eliminate the need for a pc or mac as you could prep your media on the mixer, and feed it to the media players. It could show as a connected usb device for third party media player support.

If done right, it would be a game changer for sure.

1 Like

Ah btw… I can remember a conversation here in the forum which someone also pointed out that denon club player seems to be forgotten by the dev team.

An admin answered that something is planed for the future only for the club setup.

The thing is… With the last couple updates they did a huge system change with the FX section… I can assume this took a while to implement to all units in the ecosystem. Iam sure they have something special for us in the future

I wonder if they could’ve routed the “deck effects” to send/return… This would give people an extra reason to use X18xx mixers.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.