New controller for second layer?

Oh right - who brought out the dual deck thing first then?

I don`t think it will be connected through Link/Ethernet. You would block every possibility to use sth. like Soundswitch/Resolume. So definetly gonna be connected on the USB ports…

1 Like

Denon in 2003 with DN-S5000 - dual layer active platter deck with MP3 playback, sampler and a lot of other cool features

1 Like

Is gotta have a USB port. Why cut off software djs?

2 Likes

I think too that this could be an extended software controlling device… I just don`t see Engine Prime atm. as a usable live software… there would have to be an Engine OS Emulated Software…

If you look a this pic you can see that there is no layer button on the controller.

It looks like it at most will have,

A link port, usb b+ 1x usb a, power button, and power cable port.

getting the official channels to work would be a big step already.

how about any?

there’s barely any staff presence in the forum, pms are ignored and a reply to inquiries via https://www.denondj.com/support takes approx. 4 weeks. if you get one at all that is.

4 Likes

Denon are doing things just more carefully and very slowly. They are actually doing what the said they would do.

The fact that you were able to produce quotes kinda goes against the case you’re claiming. However I can’t say anything for support as I never any experience with it.

1 Like

no, read again:

It’s more contact than a lot of other companies give.

Yes, it would be beyond mere appreciation if the forum posts could get twice as much staff attention. But it would have to be with staff PM and staff tagging switched off as both those beckon calls would get way too overused.

Rather than extra amounts of staff interaction on any and every possible question, a far more efficient hope would be for -Every- feature request to be marked/answered with either “not possible” or “Will not implement” or “under consideration” within a year of the suggestion being posted.

1 Like

This seem to be very interesting slave player.

I haven’t chosen my Prime yet. I was looking at Prime 2 and then it seemed only a small money jump to get the Prime 4 instead.

Now as I was about to order the prime 4, I see the LD6000 and I am now thinking to buy a SC6000 or a SC5000 and then get the LD6000 to go the other side of the mixer. I could them buy an X1850 later.

I see that the LD6000 platter is more the SC6000 platter size so it would look different if I got an SC5000 but there are good price changes between the SC5000 and SC6000

But does the LD6000 even work with the SC5000 Have we been told this by Denon yet ?

I’m starting to doubt they will work with the 5000’s.

Does anyone know of they’ll be able to fit dual waveforms on the smaller screens?

1 Like

Don’t let the new hardware stop you either way.

My advice:

6000 if you have the funding. 5000 if you don’t.

However, if looks could kill, 6000.

2 Likes

As far we were assured by the denon dj team - no player will be left behind in the programming. What goes for 6000 will go to 5000’s as well.

2 Likes

Tought i’d share this link , you can clearly see those slave players being used in a set

1 Like

Drop into it around 40 minutes and you’ll see the very rare sight of him actually playing on one (click for the moment he finds out they aren’t just there for show).

2 Likes

Of course they’re not there for show. :wink:

I think the words are “strategically placed” :+1:

1 Like

I just had a quick look, and all I noticed was three decks are running, but only one fader is up. Another one did go up for a while, but it did look a bit odd.

Has anyone actually seen these devices in use? I wonder if they’re just dummies, to get everyone excited for an upcoming release.