Network/connect issue

Long story short…ish. Ive had my sc5000 and sc5000ms with an x1800 mixer for a couple of years…always had an issue with the way they “connect”. Basically i have 4 playyers: Sc5000m-sc5000-sc5000-sc5000m In that order. I only use layer A. Audio is connected through digital in that order. So audio wise never an issue. However, something is messing up with how the network operates. All connect as per manual in the same order from 1 to 4 player order into Lan port order the same as per instructions. The deck assignment changes on its own all the time, connect doesnt work most the time so beat fx is terrible for bpm detection too. If i run just player two and dont switch anything else on it seems fine, as soon as i turn player 3 on decks reassign and bpm detection goes wonky! I often dont use players one and four to be fair and so dont get switched on. Anything obviously overlooked? Thanks to anyone that can help, honeslty wouldnt have this problem with Pio…

Actually fired all 4 decks up and connect wont do a thing now, barely managing to sync and the outer players resisted detecting a source from player 2. Switched all but player two off and then all works perfectly on that one deck…but still reassigns the deck as player 1. What an absolute pain. I actually would like to use all the gear sometimes, but still be able to get full function when i only want two decks on.

Shot in the dark here; do you have the player numbers set in the settings tab?

Did you try

3-1-2-4 set up ?

Are drives sharing perfectly fine over the network? If not, swap out the ethernet cables.

Erm…no disk drives, but sort of finding usb in deck 2…bit of a habbit popping it in that one. Sometimes its very slow at finding the usb though.

Try swapping out the ethernet cables if you haven’t already. There may be very weak connection in there that’s not bringing it up to bandwidth specs. I found the included green ones not all reliable, and we even have people on the forum that had AC cables that had flimsy or nonexistent grounds… including in markets that require them by. If the supplier of the AC cables is cutting corners, I wouldn’t be too confident in the ethernet ones, either.

1 Like