Native Instruments new community forum

NI closed the old forum today R.I.P. The new forum is a work in progress and will take a bit to build to back up. It would be a good time for any Traktor users who put up good content on the old forum to move it to the new forum. I’m the only one so far to receive the original member gold (OMG) badge :laughing: That’s the level above ancient. I’m a Traktor dinosaur.

1 Like

I haven’t used Traktor in years but I do still miss using my F1 and samples while layering 3 decks for my downtempo sets.

Still have the Traktor Bible somewhere, too.

1 Like

I still use it to practice and prepare new sets. I like that I can sit down with a controller on my lap and start working. I spend about 2 hrs a week with it then I move it over to my Denon setup where I practice for 6hrs a week standing up.

3 Likes

I still have the physical copy and box of Traktor version 1 :rofl:

5 Likes

I have traktor pro 2 and 3. I used also the old traktor studio 3 back in the days… NI forum was recently very silent, most activity was only in Kontakt and Maschine area, but then, also not really much was going on. I hope, the fresh forum will give them also more life there…

1 Like

Yeah I use it now and again sometimes also I have s4mk3 it’s great piece of kit but was wondering the other day this used to work for me but not anymore.Was trying to drag my playlists from engine into my Traktor playlists but doesn’t work anymore what would be the best method on doing this any Traktor users on here help me out

I have used Traktor and Vestax VCI 400 since 2011 and changed for a S8 2020.I have had about 50-60 gigs per year with these. Now by 2022 I have switched to sc6000 and x1850. I would like a “marriage” between Denon SC600 / x1850 and Traktor. This would be my dream combination. SC6000 with Trakor HID is my wet dream.

1 Like

I guess we’ll all have to go over to the new forum and start fresh feature requests.

Hi, Wyley

A couple of days ago, their moderator Matt blocked me on the new and old forums, because he believed that my requests for new features and my opinions did not suit their company. He also contacted me in discord and wanted me not to write on the tractor forum. I laughed at him so much, it was some level 80 absurdity.

I just wanted to transfer my about 80 requests for the most popular functions, but he blocked me after a personal conversation.

That’s why I moved here to chat with DJs sometimes and spend time here. I don’t have any equipment from Denon yet, but I’m following their new products and maybe someday I’ll buy myself something from Denon DJ.

That’s cause it’ll give him too much work. I make websites and it’s not a fun task to do what you asked for a new forum. He can’t block you for long though (1 day or a week I can’t remember) cause you have your customer account tied to it now and that’s the new feature. That’s probably why he asked you not to write anymore.

When I find the rules I’ll give him a shout to see what’s up. Most of these guys are new and never heard of them before. I only know Phill and Karlos. In the meantime check if you can get back on there.

Matt has been working at NI for more than 5 years, and for the last year he was responsible for the tractor department at the forum. I think he knows the rules very well, but he deliberately broke them. I was surprised how much the NI resists any help to them, I spent almost the last two years on their forum, but they just blocked me right after switching to a new forum. I think the idea to make a new forum arose only because the old stream was littered with 7-year-old dissatisfaction with all the DJs, and I just systematized it and showed them that they were playing a double game. They only promise something every six months, but they don’t do anything. I realized this after two years of communicating with their moderators and other DJs on the forum. It looks suspicious

I hope the above isn’t experienced here.

Serato forums are worse with dissatisfied people. The same things are said here too.

Here’s a comment from D-One (NI mod). Thread here Feature Requests: Should Users be NI’s North Poll? — Community

The real issue is users desires haven’t had much influence in what gets to be developed next; so if that isn’t fixed first no fancy poll or voting system will ever make any difference.

The forum staff did a very good job of carrying over old threads like feature requests and none of us had to ask for it to be done. The rest is up to us.

1 Like

I meant the blocking part mostly. :wink:

Yeah, we took at least the old most liked ones and put those in the new system. However, I would like to see that they will be fulfilled by priority by DenonDJ devs, if possible. Otherwise D-One does have a point on how that went at NI.

Jesus, Karlos is still there?

Yep, and I see some of the old gang popping up too. He came here a few times when Denon was asking input for the X1700, X1600 and X600 mixers before they made them. We were trying to get all 3 mixers Traktor certified. Only the 4 ch ones were certified. I ended up going for the x600 which I use now.

X1700 owner/user here. The only thing wrong with the mixer is Denon’s decision to drop firmware updates to keep it working with MacOS. So glad I didn’t buy the X1800, as it seems fraught with build issues. The X1700 is the most solid, proper mixer Denon ever made. On a side note, Karlos was the guy who decided to remove my second account on the Traktor forum. I created an account with the user name DJ Manual and every time somebody asked a stupid question that could be answered by just RTFM, I’d chime in and just say “I can help you”. Dude didn’t have much of a sense of humor but he was quite knowledgeable about Traktor stuff.

2 Likes

I have a sneaking suspicion that D&M Holding, the old brand owner of DenonDJ, outsourced the firmware part to some software team outside of the house.

When inMusic bought the DenonDJ brand, rights to firmware were not included, since inMusic had AirMusic company to do all of that in-house.

These mixers were made in Japan now the gear is made in Taiwan. Also Apple tightened up class compliance and core audio because every manufacturer had their own idea what class compliance was because it was loose at the time. The manufacturers who actually had tight class compliance in the first place did not get affected.

Kalos doesn’t have the authority to do that. He read this thread.