My X1850 problems

None of which are bugs.

Those will need repairs rather than firmware

Hi,

There is a new firmware out for the X1850 v1.1, and so far it seems to have sorted out the problem with sweep effect and filter 12 o’clock issues.

Let me know how you find it

Oddly, the new firmware eliminated the problem on one of my X1800s and made it worse on the other.

With 1.3 you mean? X1850 has another firmware version.

You’re saying the X1850 has an even newer firmware than the last one that came out for the X1800? I realize they each have their own firmwares, but I thought they were basically the same aside from the quantize function… like the same base code.

I don’t know, but it seems different otherwise both would have the same version.

And yes, quantize is a difference.

Hi,

It has release notes attached when you download the file.

I only had channel 2 Filter & sweep fx 12’oclock issues. Which has fixed the issue and the other channels are fine.

So don’t install on the x1800

Cheers

Gents,

In the meantime version 1.0 is available to revert to:

https://www.denondj.com/downloads#x1850

2 Likes

I am having difficulties as the bpm on the assigned channels does match the bpm of the tracks on the player interestingly however I found that moving the pitch fader to the bottom will match the bpm but obviously alters the pitch any ideas? I have tried re assigning the channels but it doesn’t seem to work so it’s putting me off using the beat fx as it’s not on beat.

Check your connections (RCAs & Ethernet cable) using this image.

2 Likes

I found a new strange behavior.

The mixer stops working / no sound at all when I start flanger / phaser effect and start to scratch.

Here is a video: Flanger / Phaser kill the mixer

have you tried the same test on other channels? just wondering if there is an issue with your CH3 every time you hit a particular frequency. If that’s the case, then the issue is with the channel of the mixer and nothing to do with the effects.

I haven’t tried it yet. Will do that next time this happens. But that must be a software bug. After changing the effect timing it works again as usual.

And I can’t reproduce it again.

1 Like

What firmware are you on btw?

The firmware is 1.0

Which issue? The op listed 4 on the same story

The mixer stops working / no sound at all when I start flanger / phaser intermittent but freezes the mixer when it happens.

re fresh your network settings in the mixer press Utility - system - network settings = refresh

1 Like

Hi All,

We’ve just released new X1850 firmware with a number of improvements. Please update to this version to see if it helps resolve some of the problems mentioned here.

https://community.enginedj.com/t/firmware-update-x1850-prime-v1-2/26294/2

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is related, but I found something today, which is quite odd for me, but maybe this is the intended workflow… so my scenario:

Roll effect, Effect routed to Channel 1 Channel 1 assigned to fader A, Channel 2 assigned to fader B I play on Channel 2, Fader fully to that side, I cue channel 1, and I activate filter - now what I would expect that I can hear the effect in the CUE, and it would record 4 beats for the roll into the memory. When I move WET/DRY nothing happens, if I go “MAX” on wet/dry and move the fader to the channel 1 - I even don’t get sound on Master - as FX is routed to the Master right? But looks like when the Channel is muted via cross fader, FX gets no input from the selected Channel.

So for me looks like that there is a theoretical glitch with the implementation - or I just don’t know how these things shall work.

In my understanding when I “route” / select CHx on FX, then FX shall get the input from the CH directly before the crossfader - and shall route back “after” CHx - preferably before the Filter / EQ and Sweep FX - but that’s just me.

Can anyone tell me how it supposed to work?

Edit: And if someone cloud tell me how the FX Cue button shall do what - I know it does not work for all the effects - which makes it even more interesting…