My tidal voucher is not working

I registered my new account, I entered the Prime 4 voucher but Tidal does not accept. Tidal support is not responding, I contacted Denon support because I could not redeem the voucher. Does it happen to others? Thank you

Have you used Tidal previously? Maybe try voucher with new email address.

Hi DysfunkDJ. Never used Tidal before today. I made the first login with the facebook credentials and it gave me availability only for a classic trial month. I redid the account with a new email but it didn’t work. I opened a Denon ticket which bounced me to Tidal support … so I opened the ticket to Tidal. They will reply within 3 working days. 0_0

This might still be the way:

So i did but the page replies that the code is invalid :sweat:

@JWiLL any ideas?

Tidal support answered me today. They believe Denon provided me with a console with an expired voucher. The console is new, I am the first and only owner. I asked for clarification … I feel cheated :rage:

Update 16/06/2021: Denon replies to contact Tidal. Tidal announces that the voucher code provided by Denon is NOT valid and that Denon must provide it again. Absolute lack of professionalism and total discomfort created. I am furious. :exploding_head: Thanks for understanding. :cry: